Specialty Pistols
U.S.P.S. #$%&$##

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666056864/m/9500064896

September 16, 2020, 08:22 PM
Pa. Mike
U.S.P.S. #$%&$##
I sent a Specialty Pistol Barreled Action to my Gunsmith in North Carolina by U.S.P.S. 3 Day Priority Mail the Wed. before Labor Day. Tracking showed the very next day it was already at the Greensboro N.C. Distribution Center. Wow it will arrive a day early , good deal. NOT! ohboy I tracked it again the day after Labor Day and it said "Arriving Late " ??? I got the same B.S message for the next three days! A call to my local Post Master confirmed it was still sitting in a container in Greensboro. My gunsmith went to his Post Office and asked them to call Greensboro and thy told him " Oh no , we are not allowed to call them ". Are you serious my Gunsmith asked , that's ridiculous. So I had to get my local dealer that actually sent the package to fill out a form on line and request a package inquiry. Well my "3 Day" priority Mail package finally showed up and it only took 13 days. So moral of story , Go ahead and VOTE by mail ! laugh
September 16, 2020, 09:02 PM
Bobby Tomek
Today I had 3 boxes delivered by UPS. I got the notice of delivery via email, but we couldn't find them. I was on my way to check with a few neighbors, but by sheer chance, I looked against a fenceline (looking for hog sign ha ha) and saw the packages sitting there.

They were left at the gate of an open pasture nearly a mile from here. That place has no house on it, there are no numeric markings on the property to designate address (and no mailbox). And we had rain showers in the area, but the boxes were not covered or protected in any way.

The packages were actually a day early. I ran tracking Tuesday, and all 3 showed a Thursday delivery. Had I not gotten the e-mail notification from Midway regarding the one pkg from them, those boxes would still be out there and likely getting rained on again by the time I located them.
September 17, 2020, 09:45 AM
Nor Cal Mikie
USPS tracking (email notification) showed I had a package in my Mail box. Went and looked ??? NOTHING!!! Printed out the "Notice" and headed to the PO, handed to the Post Master, he punched it up and saw where it was. (GPS) Told the driver by Text and it was dropped off in my box as the driver was on his way home for the day. Got to love rural living. Cool Not too many issues out here. Big Grin
September 17, 2020, 09:45 AM
jakerudy
I recently shipped a box of bullets to a member here via USPS Priority. It was the small box taped tight to prevent any problems. They somehow disappeared in Detroit. The buyer never got them, every response I got was they haven't found them yet, and I never got a check for the supposed insurance.
September 17, 2020, 10:42 AM
indianamoon
And Fedex is not exempt either.

Sold a very nice large antique mirror to a guy in Pa, shipped it insured fedex.

Tracking showed it a few miles from him in two days, then back to the distribution center, then back near him, then back to the distribution center, then back near him, then back to chicago, then finally to him after about 3 weeks. He looked at the package in the truck and wisely refused delivery. About a week later, I saw the fedex truck pull up in front of our house and walked out the front door only to see the box come sailing out the back of the truck onto the street.

Luckily though their insurance did pay off.
September 17, 2020, 12:56 PM
Arrowflinger
What are you talking about Mike? Everything I send you from California arrives in perfect condition and on time right? hammer
-Derek
September 17, 2020, 01:57 PM
jakerudy
quote:
And Fedex is not exempt either.

Yep. I shipped a box via Fedex to Hoggin with a barrel, scope, dies, etc. well packed. The items showed up in a different box with no packing and everything covered in liquid detergent.
September 17, 2020, 03:04 PM
jsh
Dunno what’s going on. A gent shipped a rifle to me from AZ, I am in Kansas. It went to Los Angeles Eek several days later it showed in route, and it was in route another six days. 12 total days to get here.

Got parts coming from WA state supposed to arrive Wednesday. Now delayed for what ever reason, would be surprised if I have it by Saturday.

They may be having problems with good pack mules to navigate through the mountains?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsh,
September 17, 2020, 04:32 PM
Magnum Mike
I'm thinking it's disgruntled postal workers since most lost their overtime with the new leader appointed a couple months ago...
September 17, 2020, 05:09 PM
magman
My new gun shipped last week. Was supposed to be here Tuesday, still not here. No updates on USPS site. Only coming from 150 miles away in Pennsylvania.
September 17, 2020, 08:04 PM
Pa. Mike
I think Magnum Mike got it figured out!
September 17, 2020, 10:50 PM
Nor Cal Mikie
Could also be that the carriers arn't smart enough to pull the trigger on the bar code reader? Also, small packages laying on the floor of the truck for a few extra days?
Was out of town looking for a business address and asked one of the local carriers for help. Only knew HER AREA and nothing else. Come to find out, the place I was looking for was two blocks over. Roll Eyes
September 18, 2020, 12:30 AM
Magnum Mike
As bad as usps is, we've had worse issues with FedEx. We had a package that went to the west coast, it literally was put on the truck, "out for delivery", every single day and returned to the terminal for over 30 days! After another 10 or so days the customer went to the terminal and got the package. They driver allegedly couldn't find his house even though they'd been there previously to include the time frame that this package rode around on the guys truck!

Recently, a Leupold scope shipped via usps that went to Mexico arrived at customs, after a couple days, the tracking was deleted as of it had never crossed the boarder! Think some Mexican customs agent is the proud owner of a new Leupold scope?

As the owner of an internet business, I can tell shipping horror stories for days. When covid first started, we had packages sitting in warehouses in numerous foreign countries that they refused to deliver. Places like **** give a shipping time frame, if the package doesn't deliver and the customer opens a case, you lose, they take your money, refund the customer and when these countries finally started delivering again, they got our product!

So, as bad as usps is, they still aren't nearly as bad as others especially as many packages as they do get right.
September 18, 2020, 05:29 PM
HotRodAl
If you think the mail is bad here I mailed an envelope package to Paul in Australia and it took exactly 1 month for him to receive it, the postage was almost half what the 2 small items I sent cost.
September 18, 2020, 07:38 PM
Pa. Mike
Magnum Mike , I think you should get 1st. Prize for having to deal with more B.S. than any of us!
September 18, 2020, 08:42 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Pa. Mike:
Magnum Mike , I think you should get 1st. Prize for having to deal with more B.S. than any of us!
laugh That's all part of owning your own business! I've learned you have to smile and keep moving! If you let the bad rule you, it'll destroy you. God willing, we'll keep forging ahead!
September 18, 2020, 09:27 PM
BT
I needed some factory ammo for my sis, and was concerned if it would arrive in time for a trip out west next week. Placed order Monday and it was on my porch Wednesday. Big Grin (it doesn’t always go that smooth)
September 19, 2020, 06:04 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
I needed some factory ammo for my sis, and was concerned if it would arrive in time for a trip out west next week. Placed order Monday and it was on my porch Wednesday. Big Grin (it doesn’t always go that smooth)
Shocked that it was shipped usps, they're not supposed to accept ammo for shipment.
September 20, 2020, 02:36 PM
magman
Well, now my gun is in Buffalo. How long before it shows up at my dealer?
September 20, 2020, 02:38 PM
BT
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
Shocked that it was shipped usps, they're not supposed to accept ammo for shipment.

I never said it was shipped USPS. Only relating a quickly delivered item as opposed to the horror stories.
January 18, 2021, 09:29 AM
jsh
I won’t start a new thread. I will say not a dad gum thing has changed for 2021!
This is about like Gillian’s Island, a three hour tour........order from midway 17 days since shipped. I am about 3 hours from them and that is if I stop and eat on the way there. Tracking, that’s a joke in its self. Left Columbia and went to St.Louis and then back to Columbia, burned two days there. Then it just said it was headed to the next destination...........for 12 days.
Oh well free shipping, lol glad the don’t charge storage and mileage on stuff, it wouldn’t surprise me though.
Rant OFF
January 18, 2021, 02:33 PM
Ramon
Ordered a vehicle part on Dec.12. USPS received it on Dec. 14. Still have not got it. Tracking shows it is at last destination usually before it gets to my post office. Has been at each destination it stopped at for several days each one. It shouldn't take over a month to get this.
January 19, 2021, 12:33 AM
pauly
G'day from Downunder Hi

G'day All , you Blokes up there need to relax and accept the delivery services Smile down here we just expect things to take a long time as our public servants ( postal workers Sad ) dont provide public service Sad , thanks to Hot Rod AL I got the parcel he sent in record time bowdown if you Blokes want a shipping story I bought a Ruger GP100 .327 revolver from the U.S. in the start of July 2019 ( still waiting Roll Eyes ) it arrived in Aussie Customs on Monday and if I am lucky it will be cleared end of next week in Brisbane Queensland Sad I am in Adelaide South Australia at the other end of the country so if I am very lucky I may have it mid February Sad Sad so these days I just dont sweat deliverys if they take a month to arrive Smile Smile

Regards Paul. end
January 19, 2021, 08:06 AM
schoolbus
laugh
Time to bring back the pony express!
April 12, 2021, 02:19 PM
McClura
I just ordered two Rock Augers for our new pressure digger from South Dakota. They put the rock teeth on them the next day after I paid them and shipped them FedEx Freight. Not good. They left South Dakota last week, arrived at the FedEx terminal in Central TX. Really? They drove right by my warehouse where they were to be delivered. The left Central TX, Friday AM , 2.5 hours from the delivery address.
3 days later, still in transit. Hope they don't charge me by the weight of hauling them around. Whew, now I feel better. Had to vent.
Mike
May 26, 2021, 01:15 PM
Duffy
I believe it’s all about the money. My wife gets things from QVC and at times I can’t believe how fast some of the stuff gets here. Boxes are always in good condition and on time. They mostly use ups but some will go USPS too. They probably ship as much as Amazon but Amazon seems to be slipping a bit on their times and packaging lately. There’s been several times that my wife has ordered something on a Sunday and it’s here on Wednesday, and that’s from Pa to Washington state with no extra charges. Even when they offer free shipping it shows up in the same time frame as the other stuff, not like Midways free shipping. I was beginning to think that most of these carriers had a beef with anything gun related too because it sure seemed like they took extra effort to delay or destroy the packages. I know that FedEx has allot of contracted independent drivers so anyone who can buy a van and kinda drive could be your ground driver. Doesn’t mean they have to care. We’ve got two here that are idiots. Dad owns the vans, kids do the driving, like NASCAR. I bitched about the berm they left in my yard when they spun around and it just gets ignored, that or they retaliate even worse. Kids are real cocky too. Tried to be nice to them and he just snubbed me off like he didn’t have time. A real piece of work.
May 30, 2021, 12:57 PM
big10
I recently had an issue with FedEx that really takes the cake. I make wood mouldings for a living and ship same all over the country. I use them all, but lean FedEx as their drop off is nearby and their pickup charge is half of UPS when I don't have time. I recently shipped two packages to Texas, one day apart to the same address. The first arrived in 3 days. The second hadn't arrived for over a week and the customer contacted me about it. I called FedEx and got their tracing unit and a girl named Gwen. She started looking into it and to her credit she dug deep. The trailer was involved in an accident one day from the delivery date, in Kansas. The trailer was towed and impounded by the towing contractor and they would not allow the contents to be removed until they got a release from an attourney. Well we know how long legal BS can take, and finally 2 WEEKS LATE, the package was delivered. I am disgusted at the inaction of the FedEx management. They should have had people on this as of DAY 1, but no action until over 10 days after the fact. Now I get an email that FedEx is going to have to increase their rates. Hello UPS, I'm coming back!!!