Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upade-Shoulder surgery Login/Join 

posted
Tomorrow morning I have to be at the hospital ay 6am to check in for surgery on my left shoulder, rotator repair which I had 27 years ago on my 40th birthday and remove some debris in the joint itself and 2 other tears then I start therapy 8am Friday morning. So that being said I most likely won't be on SP but briefly until I start feeling better. It was quite painful the last time and now I'm 27 years older. whine

For the first time since I started hunting I missed it completely this last year because of the issues with my shoulder and the amount of pain I been having especially if I got it in the wrong position.

At least the surgery got moved up 2 weeks from when it was first scheduled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HotRodAl,

Posts: 10269 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck Al.....hope all goes great for you.

Posts: 9208 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hate to hear that. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Posts: 420 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Al. The next weeks won't be much fun but keep your eyes on the end result. We'll be watching for updates.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Al, been there twice myself. I'm sure you know as well as any, find a really good physical therapist and follow they instruction to the letter. Hope all goes well. Speedy recovery, Hank.

Posts: 48 | Location: Byron, Georgia | Registered: January 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Had both shoulders done a couple of years ago .One done then when I could feed myself again the other one done. Hang in there, its a rough few weeks ahead but it does get better. Just not as quick as we want it too. Take your sleep any time you can get it, long nights ahead. HANG IN THERE!

Posts: 295 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Praying that all has gone well and that recovery will be quick and painless...

Posts: 3998 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

posted Hide Post
Good luck Al.

Posts: 6868 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 4 months ago. Still hurts like crap! The left one is next. I dread it. Allen

Posts: 1350 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I'm home, the pain block is working wonderfully, not looking forward to it wearing off tomorrow morning because therapy starts at 8am tomorrow morning.

Posts: 10269 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hope you have a speedy recovery and can get back in action again soon.

Posts: 632 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck hope for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 2468 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck.

I am 7 weeks post rotator repair on my right shoulder.

Went to the range today. Shooting a LCRx was not bad. Even with a two handed hold, offhand shooting of a contender got old pretty fast (just the gun weight on the outstretched arm).

Posts: 26 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Had right rotator done in 2000, works pretty good still at 68. MUST do the rehab though. It is critical to recovery.

Posts: 1945 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

posted Hide Post
Just wondering if anybody heard anything from or about Al?

Posts: 6868 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm still kicking but have been kind of miserable, not sleeping much maybe an hour or 2 at a time then oldest grand son shared his virus with me, some type of flue bug according to my son. Vertigo is one of the symptoms and it seems to be easing up somewhat today its been 4 days now. That's about it, got to see Doc Monday afternoon.

rooooogar lover

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are still kicking.

posted Hide Post
Hang in there. It does get better slowly. Im on week 11 after rotator cuff, bicep reattached, and two bone spurs removed from the right shoulder. At five weeks I threw out the arm brace. Ive still got limited range of motion but physical therapy is slowly helping. Do exactly what the doctor says.

Posts: 117 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Historicfirearms:
Hang in there. It does get better slowly. Im on week 11 after rotator cuff, bicep reattached, and two bone spurs removed from the right shoulder. At five weeks I threw out the arm brace. Ive still got limited range of motion but physical therapy is slowly helping. Do exactly what the doctor says.

That is almost exactly the procedures used on my shoulder then add 2 tear repairs inside the joint. My problem is Osteo arthritis, had a lot of floating debris inside the joint.

posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Al, hang in there!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Had my 4th therapy session today, doing great ahead of the game according to therapist and off pain meds 2 days now and feeling much better.

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that! Hope you continue with a speedy recovery!

Posts: 420 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hope you get well soon with full recovery.

Posts: 666 | Location: Ga. | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It will be 7 weeks this coming Thursday, got rid of the brace last Friday feeling much better now. Getting more movement every day. Still have a bit of pain if I move it too much or the wrong way and bad words wants to come out then I get this certain look from the Boss and they stay in. lipsrsealed

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HotRodAl:
It will be 7 weeks this coming Thursday, got rid of the brace last Friday feeling much better now. Getting more movement every day. Still have a bit of pain if I move it too much or the wrong way and bad words wants to come out then I get this certain look from the Boss and they stay in. lipsrsealed

Glad to hear you are progressing well, hang in there!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Shoulders are though. I busted mine up pretty bad at 19, took 3 doctors 5 hours to put or back together, and it took me about 2 years to get it back to normal. Fast forward 30+ years and its constant source of pain and aggravation. Im sure arthritis it's a big part of its issue now.

Glad to hear it's getting better! Keep up with the physical therapy and it'll get there sooner.

Posts: 19195 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

posted Hide Post
Great news Al. Glad to hear you are getting better.

posted Hide Post
Prayers!!!!!!

Posts: 67 | Location: Ky | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post