Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red flag law Login/Join 

posted
Red Flag scenario -

Red Flag Laws. Here’s what will happen...

It’s a Sunday night and your family has all gone to bed. You let the dogs back in and lock the deadbolt like you do every night. All the lights are off now except a couple of night lights scattered throughout the house leaving that dim glow throughout your home. It’s bedtime and work and school are going to come early in the morning. You crawl in bed, kiss your wife and drift off to sleep being thankful for the air conditioning that allows you to pull that heavy quilt up over your shoulder despite the fact it’s still 85 degrees outside. A few hours pass...

0200 Monday morning and your wife taps your leg and says, “baby I heard something outside”. As you sit up in bed you hear the dog growling in the living room and you know something isn’t right. You grab that trusty ole 870 and head into the living room. Your wife grabs her 9mm and heads down the hall to the kids rooms just like you have rehearsed. “Good boy” you say as you enter the living room, trying to calm both the dog and your wife just as splinters fly across the room and the front door flys open. “Oh ****!” As you shoulder your weapon and send a load of 00 Buck across your living room and see the perpetrator fall in a heap. Before the “thank God” can even run across your brain, you see a second man coming in the door and you fire again. This time you hear the pop of your wife’s 9mm as she has joined in the fight. It has to be those damn meth heads from down in town! Just then you are consumed by a wall of bullets as you see multiple muzzle flashes from just outside the door and you realize something isn’t right. You turn to yell at your wife to “get down” just in time to see her take a load of buckshot to the face and her brain matter splatter the wall behind her. You feel the burning as 5.56 bullets Riddle your body. One clips your spine as you’re scrambling away and paralyzes your lower body. The last thing you see before you bleed out is a SWAT guy from your local PD holding your teenage daughter on the floor with a knee in her back as she screams and cry’s because she just watched her parents being murdered.

Why did this happen? You’re no criminal. You’re a Conservative and an honest family man. Your wife is a school teacher and your daughters are on honor roll. Why did this happen?

Well two days ago, you and your wife went down to welcome the new neighbors to the community. Your wife made them some of her “world famous” cookies and you invited them to church on Sunday. Later that afternoon, you got a friend request on Facebook from your new neighbor, which you gladly accepted. They seemed a little odd, but in the few minutes you talked they were pleasant enough. The next day while you and your family sat in church, your new neighbor scrolled through your Facebook profile. He saw that “Trump 2020” post and got infuriated. See, he’s a staunch liberal and he hates your kind. The next thing he sees are the hunting pictures you took last fall when your daughter bagged her first buck. Now he’s seething with fury because he is wholeheartedly against the “slaughter of innocent animals”. Next he sees your post from the last range day with your buddy and sees those scary black assault weapons on the table and that does it! He has to do something about the racist domestic terrorist living next door. He picks up the phone, calls the local Sheriffs Office and reports you as a threat under the new Red Flag law. The SO follows their SOP’s and conducts a no knock warrant because you have now been denied due process and you are considered guilty until proven innocent.

Now you, your lovely wife and two deputies have been killed for nothing. Your daughter will have absolute hell for the rest of her life. She will never be that successful person you dreamed for her to be because of the mental tragedy caused from seeing her parents murdered. The local news paper will report that you were killed after firing on and killing two deputies and that “over a thousand rounds of ammo and 22 guns were confiscated from your residence”.

Oh, those two deputies were just following orders. They left behind families as well and had served their community for over a decade. They didn’t know you were a stand-up guy with a great family. They weren’t allowed time to investigate things under due process. They were told you had threatened your neighbor and were out in the street waving an AR15 around.

This is the reality of Red Flag gun laws. Innocent people will lose their lives. Red Flag laws will be used for petty and vengeful reasons without merit.
-Chris Anders

Posts: 1426 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If to anyone this sound far fetched - think again it isn't. Social services as enforced by local PD. No smoke pole play - all because the middle son was being a wise *** to an acquaintance on the phone about a suicide that involved someone in his school. Who then told his/her parents who reported it to whom ever. I come home to 3 squads 1/2 doz leos looking for my son whom they wisked away with to some detention/ observation center - no warrants no paper work no nothing on a Friday evening.Let's just say the leo's were not friendly, which was returned in-kind. Some 20 + years ago - friggin Nanny state.
that son - 8 years Military service -2 in the sandpit. fast forward has a good job 2 sons and a home locally.

Posts: 422 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Old leghumper wrote: "See, he’s a staunch liberal and he hates your kind."

While your assessment of the situation is likely probable, I am bothered by the fixation of labels and the blanket assumption that anyone liberal hates gun owners. The use of labels is so prominent today that it's almost always a given that one will be described by either political or religious affiliation -- and it's both divisive and inflammatory...and anything but productive. And in many cases, it is highly inaccurate.

I know plenty of liberal-minded individuals who own guns, hunt and fish. If you spoke with them, you'd find you have much more in common than not.

I also know "conservatives" who are highly anti-gun, and one of them -- who likely has a Trump 2020 sign in her front yard as I type this -- would not object to full-out confiscation. Another wears his MAGA hat to his cushy exec's job; in his spare time, you'll find him supporting causes like the Sierra Club and PETA. But he votes straight-ticket GOP in virtually every single election.

As to your post, I'd wager that more hot-headed "conservatives" with a grudge would report each other than anything else. It would have nothing to do with party affiliation but instead would be due to human nature and immature behavior.

But in this scenario, you portray the demon to be liberals. Because I speak out for equality, inclusion and diversity, against racial bias and hatred and refuse to pledge allegiance to ANY political party, some may consider me a liberal. In the derogatory tone the word "liberal" is so often used by Republicans, I guess that makes me the scum of the Earth in the eyes of some. On the other hand, considering ALL of the great things progressives are responsible for in this county -- 40 hour work week, overtime, child labor laws, civil rights enactments, public universities, public libraries, national parks, reductions of tariffs, public roads and highways, the FDA, the Dept of Agriculture,The Peace Corps, Medicare, Medicaid,Head Start, NASA, the right to unionize, the GI Bill, Social Security AND the US military -- I think I'll take it as a great compliment instead. Big Grin

Lastly, back to your post: I agree that the red-flag system is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope politicians will come to their senses (yea, right) and nix that poorly thought out attempt at legislation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bobby Tomek,

Posts: 3844 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You got it right for sure Bobby. thumbup

Posts: 10189 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Red flag laws are unconstitutional and are very dangerous! The left, primarily composed of elitist communist liberals, are all over it. It's the fastest path too gun confiscation available in this country. The other major issue is the assumption of guilt as opposed to innocence with a complete lack of due process. What's stated above in the "story" will be a common occurrence if we see a federal law adopted. For those that think it's far fetched and can't happen here, guess again! It's already happened in several states with actually gun owners being killed.

My biggest concern is the majority of gun owners will be sitting idly by not accepting the seriousness of this situation which will lead to these laws coming to pass and law abiding gun owners stripped of their rights by the anti's false acquisitions. We MUST contact our state and federal legislators and demand they do not pass these unconstitutional laws! Let's not get caught up in trivial details of "who" want these laws passed, let's band together and make sure it doesn't happen!!!! If the left accomplished this, you can kiss the 1st, 2nd and 4th amendments good bye... furious

Posts: 18948 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
Old leghumper wrote: "See, he’s a staunch liberal and he hates your kind."

While your assessment of the situation is likely probable, I am bothered by the fixation of labels and the blanket assumption that anyone liberal hates gun owners. The use of labels is so prominent today that it's almost always a given that one will be described by either political or religious affiliation -- and it's both divisive and inflammatory...and anything but productive. And in many cases, it is highly inaccurate.

I know plenty of liberal-minded individuals who own guns, hunt and fish. If you spoke with them, you'd find you have much more in common than not.

I also know "conservatives" who are highly anti-gun, and one of them -- who likely has a Trump 2020 sign in her front yard as I type this -- would not object to full-out confiscation. Another wears his MAGA hat to his cushy exec's job; in his spare time, you'll find him supporting causes like the Sierra Club and PETA. But he votes straight-ticket GOP in virtually every single election.

As to your post, I'd wager that more hot-headed "conservatives" with a grudge would report each other than anything else. It would have nothing to do with party affiliation but instead would be due to human nature and immature behavior.

But in this scenario, you portray the demon to be liberals. Because I speak out for equality, inclusion and diversity, against racial bias and hatred and refuse to pledge allegiance to ANY political party, some may consider me a liberal. In the derogatory tone the word "liberal" is so often used by Republicans, I guess that makes me the scum of the Earth in the eyes of some. On the other hand, considering ALL of the great things progressives are responsible for in this county -- 40 hour work week, overtime, child labor laws, civil rights enactments, public universities, public libraries, national parks, reductions of tariffs, public roads and highways, the FDA, the Dept of Agriculture,The Peace Corps, Medicare, Medicaid,Head Start, NASA, the right to unionize, the GI Bill, Social Security AND the US military -- I think I'll take it as a great compliment instead. Big Grin

Lastly, back to your post: I agree that the red-flag system is a disaster waiting to happen. I hope politicians will come to their senses (yea, right) and nix that poorly thought out attempt at legislation.

This "red flag" is something I copied and pasted from accurate shooter.com.

Do not assume what my politics and leanings are. I just think that everyone should consider what can and will happen because of the unfortunate shooting in Dayton and El Paso

Remember Waco? Politics out of control.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:

Do not assume what my politics and leanings are. I just think that everyone should consider what can and will happen because of the unfortunate shooting in Dayton and El Paso
Remember Waco? Politics out of control.

--

I would never disrespect s someone by simply assuming anything about their political affiliation or religious views. Sorry if you felt that way.

I agree wholeheartedly with the objective or premise of your posting this. We all need to wake up, make our votes count and get those career politicians out of office. And we need not only term limits but some sort of aptitude test for anyone seeking public office. Many in DC couldn't pass a basic civics test. And while I am not a betting man, I'd almost wager that I can name a few who'd never be able to handle middle school curriculum and the simplest of American history.

And then we -- as the American public -- need to work TOGETHER, stop pointing fingers and eliminate all of the divisive rhetoric currently plaguing our nation.

Posts: 3844 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Scary times!!! Make your vote count!!!!!

Posts: 2384 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Call me crazy but I still think the Dems are the source of the mass shootings. Just seems to convenient for them.

Posts: 4577 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duffy:
Call me crazy but I still think the Dems are the source of the mass shootings. Just seems to convenient for them.

Seriously????

posted Hide Post
quote:
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but the timing of some of these shootings are all too convenient for the liberal agenda to not be their martyrs. We have very little in the way of honest news media to out the truth about the thugs perpetrating these crimes...

Posts: 18948 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike; I am like you, don't like the thoughts but the timeing is too pat for it to be total accidents or spur of the moment things. The media is so bias that you could not get a straight or true report of anything having to do with Trump and or Conservatives let along anything with a gun mentioned in it. But just to add insult to injury, if you look back every mass shooting has been done by a registered Democrat.
The timing is just too pat to be a coincidence.

quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
quote:
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but the timing of some of these shootings are all too convenient for the liberal agenda to not be their martyrs. We have very little in the way of honest news media to out the truth about the thugs perpetrating these crimes...

Posts: 334 | Location: Mid-Missouri "Lake Pomme De Teere" | Registered: November 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmurl:
if you look back every mass shooting has been done by a registered Democrat.

With all due respect, you are completely wrong on this. PLEASE, people, don't get your facts from some biased blogs, talk show or iffy "news" source. Do your homework and find the truth.

The cheap shots at the media are disheartening, too. Take it from someone who spent many years in journalism: The truth is still being reported. You just have to find it and not take the word of some post on social media or mass e-mail.

I find great fault with both sides of the political spectrum and have allegiance with no political party. What I want is the truth as that still matters to me. And some of you are NOT going to want to hear this but NEED to: the absolute most biased and inaccurate "news" source out there is FOX. Heck, they can't even get a broadcasting license in Canada because they don't meet the accuracy requirements for an actual news outlet.

You don't have to believe me and likely won't, but that's fine. But at least be sure and get your news from multiple sources and verify things before spreading inaccuracies and outright lies...just as some of you did with Jade Helm.

posted Hide Post
I had never noticed until recent years the bias in the media. Its not hard to figure out why they tell you what they do, and why they dont ..... what they dont.

Is that a Cheap shot? I NEVER noticed it before. scratch head

Posts: 9108 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike said it better than I did. But anyone with common sense (rare these days) if you just step back from all the BS and look at how all these shootings occurred and start piecing things together it follows a pattern. I know that there are copy cats ect, ect, but just they way things fall into place makes you wonder. Things that we as the shooting public that know how things work don't add up. Just seems odd that all things are quiet and fine and all of a sudden a shooting happens and that weasel Shumer has a specific anti gun law already wrote up and ready to go. First it was Winchester Black Talon's, then semi auto handguns with large mags that were used in the shootings. Then they didn't like the AR's and all of a sudden that's whats being used. There's been some hunting arms used and a big fuss was made but they got allot of push back from hunters on those and that sort of went quiet. It just seems like whatever inanimate object they hate at that time will show up at one of these events. They always grabbed all of the shooters computers and possessions but we never heard anything more or very little about what they found. On more that one occasion someone close to one of these shooters stated that they were acting like a zombie, no expression and just a glazed dead look in their eyes. Over the years I have learned that when most democrats blame someone else for something hideous it's them that have done the crime. One finger pointing forward but three back. And if you don't think people can be controlled, manipulated and made to do things against their will just look back at Jonestown and all the others. Just remember that the label "Conspiracy Theorist" was coined by the left to poo poo something said that hit's close to home and to make you look crazy. They are really good at making up names for people but don't like them used on them. Just look at what party with the media's help is constantly stirring up the nation and making people angry. Ok now that everyone is looking at me funny and slowly walking away backwards I'll get off my soap box.. 2cents

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Duffy,

Posts: 4577 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you'd even bother to look, you'd see that some of these mass shooters have NO political affiliation or tendencies at all. Just the facts...

posted Hide Post
I noticed the manipulation of the news years ago and it really showed up on a trip to DC. We had taken my FIL back to DC on a trip that he always wanted to take. We had a good time and watched the local news in the evenings but I also noticed that when returning home to Washington state and catching up on our local news that there were quite a few differences in how the stories were reported from the DC version. Not just editing for time but sometimes total reversal of the facts. That was back in the 90's. I'm just making comparisons of what I see personally and it's a shame that it seems that you can't trust anyone anymore as everyone seems to have an agenda for themselves or they have a need to change things to make themselves feel/look important. Just earn a living, take care of your family, enjoy life as much as possible and quit sticking your nose in other peoples business. Apparently most people today don't have enough to keep them busy that they have time to gossip and screw with everyone else for entertainment.

posted Hide Post
quote:
And some of you are NOT going to want to hear this but NEED to: the absolute most biased and inaccurate "news" source out there is FOX. Heck, they can't even get a broadcasting license in Canada because they don't meet the accuracy requirements for an actual news outlet.
The only news outlet that promotes our 2A rights? The only news outlet that actually reports on the positive use of firearms? The only news outlet that actually does not report a false narrative on our current president, daily, but actually rails against it. If you believe your getting "facts" and the "truth" from any other cable news on the tube, your kidding yourself. There are VERY few sources that actually report truth/facts anymore (mostly via radio or internet) and they are all staunchly conservative, period. There's not a single left leaning reporter that isn't preaching their agenda every time they hit the airwaves.

posted Hide Post
I guess you missed parts of my post, Mike. I stated we need to get news from multiple sources and not just some single outlet -- and still fact-check and question everything. And ANY source that "promotes our 2a rights" -- as you say FOX does -- is no longer a valid news outlet and no longer legitimate news media but an advertising machine spewing propaganda.

I'm not directing this at anyone here but making a generalized statement: Frankly, I'm sick of the constant media-bashing from folks who can't tell the difference between an op-ed, a documented and verifiable news story and a biased blog. I know some folks who consider posts in the Facebook "newsfeed" as valid "news" and part of the media...seriously. And just because a news story doesn't suit one's thinking or opinions, they'll bash it and -- like the guy in the oval office -- call it fake news. It's both disheartening and disgusting to see adults behave that way.

One individual on another forum (and Facebook) spent MONTHS promoting the Jade Helm crap, backed all of Alex Jones' conspiracy claims about Sandy Hook and yet has the audacity to repeatedly say the "media" is the enemy of the people. No, but willful ignorance is the enemy of our future. Far more folks need to turn to facts, stop spewing BS because it suits their ideologies and move on to something CONSTRUCTIVE instead.

posted Hide Post
Just an FYI. Every time I ever got a traffic ticket, and, arrested once, as a young man long ago I was always guilty until I could prove my innocence.

Posts: 1922 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When I think of red flag laws, my mind always goes back to the Justice Kavanaugh confirmations hearings and the accusations of the Ford woman. With no supporting evidence or witnesses, her accusations were taken as gospel and he was viewed as guilty. You can't prove that something didn't happen.

Red flag laws will empower vindictive ex-wives, ex-girlfriends, anti-gun neighbors, etc to make baseless claims against you. You get run through the system, your guns confiscated and thrown in a pile on the sidewalk, and weeks or months later you may get the chance to clear your name and get your property back.

It opens the door for sleazy lawyers and politicians to abuse the system, to threaten to "report" you if you don't pony up.

Posts: 754 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aggshooter:
It opens the door for sleazy lawyers and politicians to abuse the system, to threaten to "report" you if you don't pony up.
I could see this getting expanded to "deadbeat dads", don't pay your child support/alimony get your guns confiscated. They'll concoct more reasons to confiscate your property than reasons not too...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
I could see this getting expanded to "deadbeat dads", don't pay your child support/alimony get your guns confiscated. They'll concoct more reasons to confiscate your property than reasons not too...

Exactly! They've already declared the NRA a terrorist organization. Does that make all members a terrorist? Is that reason to confiscate your guns? Who decides? All they need do is dream up accusations

Posts: 229 | Location: Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post