Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Jules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm SGLC with rim OTT LLC Login/Join 

Life

Picture of Jules
posted
Mike made this for me in 04. I started loads for it back then but had too many other projects going. Can't remember the exact load but was getting 1/2" 3 shot groups at 100. Fireformed 307Win case. I'll be bringing it out this weekend. Here's a couple pics. Case on the left is shown next to a 308win.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jules,

Jules

Posts: 2812 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jules, correct me if I'm mistaken, but is that Layne "Simpson's Good Little Cartridge?" For some reason, I thought about that carried the other day. I remember reading an article he wrote about in a gun rag in the late 80"s?? IIRC, it used 308 brass neced down to 7 mm and improved. I bet you'll have a fun time w it this season. Should be deadly on deer.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary T:
Jules, correct me if I'm mistaken, but is that Layne "Simpson's Good Little Cartridge?" For some reason, I thought about that carried the other day. I remember reading an article he wrote about in a gun rag in the late 80"s?? IIRC, it used 308 brass neced down to 7 mm and improved. I bet you'll have a fun time w it this season. Should be deadly on deer.

It is Gary. Only change I made was using 307 brass just for the rim in a Contender. I use 7mm08 load data for info only. My loads are reduced by a good bit but 2600 for a 140 ain't too shabby. I'm sure I can get a little more but accuracy is there and plenty good for med size game. I had a bunch of info on it years ago but can no longer find it. I'll post more on it after this weekend.

Jules

Posts: 2812 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
I had to edit my post above. That load I had put up in my OP was too hot for a Contender. I don't recall having an issue back when I tested them but I sure did today. I'll post my results from my range trip today a little later.

Jules

posted Hide Post
I was thinking that round is pretty brisk for a contender.

Posts: 1524 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
I put that load together in 2005. I pulled them all and will start over and work up another. My fire form loads today with 139gr were accurate also.

Jules