Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  SINGLE SHOT Carbines, Rifles & Shotguns    Daughter takes nice young boar with 7mm Bullberry

Moderators: Jules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter takes nice young boar with 7mm Bullberry Login/Join 

posted

Home for just a few more days before heading back to Michigan, Gracy put the 7mm Bullberry to good use early yesterday evening. A sounder of medium-sized hogs decided to visit the lighted feeder, but one of them did not get to leave.

A high shoulder shot with the 120 grain Ballistic Tip dropped the young boar on the spot. She was hoping for an opportunity for a double, but the hogs were skittish and lingering in the fringes of the solar-powered light. So when opportunity finally presented itself, she made the most of it and took out the first available target.

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats to her! That's a fine family of hunters you have Bobby.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the young lady. Looks like the whole family can handle them Contenders and give them porkers hell.

Posts: 329 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Poor hogs. Sad Now you're bringing in outside help to work on them! How unfair. eek2 Give Gracy a big slap on the back "Atta boy/girl" from me. thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good girl.Even Bobby needs some help now and then.

Posts: 915 | Location: Ga. | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Wow. Awesome

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9414 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great job young lady! Way to go!

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well done! You taught her well.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Those critters don't stand a chance on the Tomek ranch. That smile says it all.

Posts: 563 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mountain Hunter
posted Hide Post
Excellent work! Keep it up.

Posts: 46 | Location: East Tennessee  | Registered: December 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Relentless!

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3508 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Gracy,
Congratulations!!! Great job Bobby passing on the hunting tradition to you kids.

Bobby,
When are we going to see a picture of the Mrs’s boar?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay HHI6818,

Posts: 2060 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Posts: 101 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Outstsanding my Friend. Love that smile, but bet yours was bigger.
Safe shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1818 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good job Gracie,(helps to have a great coach).
Hogs don't stand a chance with you guys/gals.

Posts: 593 | Location: River Ridge, Louisiana | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats to Gracie! thumbup

Posts: 753 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Gracie! Good shooting and continuing the family tradition!

Bobby, I think we ve seen pictures of everyone in the family, with pictures of hogs they’ve shot, except the cat. Is he just a slow learner or are purposely holding him back?

Posts: 128 | Location: NEBRASKA, USA | Registered: April 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Dollar:
Bobby, I think we ve seen pictures of everyone in the family, with pictures of hogs they’ve shot, except the cat. Is he just a slow learner or are purposely holding him back?

Like the old Justin Wilson comedy routine from the 70s about the Louisiana Dad who'd only let his right-handed son fling rocks at squirrels left-handed because he "tore up too damn much meat," we've had to throttle Marmalade and hold him back on the hogs for now. He's just a little too lethal. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

About Marmalade's "lethality":

In early 2021, when Marmalade finally begin to trust me enough to sit next to me on the deck, I did my best to try and get him to rest as he always seems so exhausted just from trying to stay alive in the wild. I don't know why, but one night I placed my hand on his side and began whispering to him a song called "Pense em Mim." It seemed to work as he slept soundly for several minutes. This routine went on for a few weeks, and each time, he seemed to get more comfortable and slept even longer. Much has changed since them, and he now spends lots of time indoors. But sometimes that wandering fever strikes. If it's safe, we let him out, but if it's late at night or if coyotes have been active (like now during mating season), we try and keep him inside. But he'd pace incessantly and meow LOUDLY. So one night, I decided to play that song for him. Almost magically, he calmed down and went to sleep. The family likely thought I was imagining this (or had lost my mind!) until they all witnessed it as well. The song is short and simple and in Portuguese. But it's instant melatonin for our big orange furbaby.

Pense em Mim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bobby Tomek,

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
Congrats Gracy!

Marmalade looks pretty comfy, I guess it's true that music soothes the savage beast laugh

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2154 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good job all the way around !

Posts: 465 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Great job Gracy! Pops taught you well!!

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 800 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of outdoors1968
posted Hide Post
The Apple doesn't fall far from from the tree, they say...
Great job!

Posts: 144 | Location: NE PA | Registered: February 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bobby,
I can see the lethal qualities in that beast! The truly fierce ones are almost causal about their killer instinct….

That is amazing about the song calming him like that. They really are fur babies!

Posts: 128 | Location: NEBRASKA, USA | Registered: April 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post