Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Jules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brandon scores with 257 JDJ Login/Join 

posted
Got a phone call 4:15 pm today. I got
button buck! Brandon is going to
WVU in Morgantown WV and has been archery hunting in
Coopers Rock State Forest.
He’s had three bear pictures on his trail
Camera and about three weeks ago he called me around 7:10
Out of breath and a little excited. He saw a bear 60-70 yards
Angling towards him.
This morning he said two guys walked up to his tree stand and one told him he was in HIS stand! Brandon asked what make is the stand
Don’t know but your in my stand and walked
Off

Posts: 2033 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Brandon on filling that tag. Brandon and that .257 JDJ have sure gotten along well over the years and collected a good bit of venison in the process.

Too bad he had to deal with a moron. Seems to me he was just trying to bully Brandon out of his stand and have it for himself. I am glad Brandon stood his ground!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 4652 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thx Bobby
257 has been a safe Queen for 5 years since we sold the WV farm.
Yes Brandon has done well with it. He shot 7 deer in 5 years with it on our WV farm! Really nice that WV allows non residents full time college students to
Purchase resident hunting licenses.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good job, Brandon! So, what brand was the tree stand? Razz

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bobby gave the the load for the 257 JDJ and it’s amazing how
Well the Nosler 100 gr ballistic performs. Brandon said the deer dropped at the shot which was around 80 yds.

Exit hole

Entrance

Exit

College kids are resourceful!

Ohio doe he got a month ago

posted Hide Post
Great pics and glad to see good success afield. Puts a smile on everyone's faces. Too bad there are some guys out there that make it tough on the rest of us. What length barrel on that 257 JDJ and is that a full bull contour or factory heavy?

Posts: 546 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Norm
Barrel is 17 inches and not sure of the profile since I bought the barrel used.
Probably 14 years ago my daughter surprised me by asking if could go
Deer hunting? Found the used 17 Encore barrel. Lot of good memories with that
Barrel. Daughter could have shot a doe but chose not to. What had a great day in the woods together.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
Norm
Barrel is 17 inches and not sure of the profile since I bought the barrel used.
Probably 14 years ago my daughter surprised me by asking if could go
Deer hunting? Found the used 17 Encore barrel. Lot of good memories with that
Barrel. Daughter could have shot a doe but chose not to. We had a great day in the woods together.

posted Hide Post
Always a great day in the woods with family. Nice looking rig and certainly gets the job done!

Posts: 546 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Job well done, all the way around. Congratulations Brandon ! thumbup thumbup

Posts: 907 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post