Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What knife brand do you prefer? Type? Login/Join 

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Case Trapper; Cutco D blade drop point; Camillus 3 blade locking folder.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3508 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Buck and Kewshaw are what I carry most of the time.

---------------------------------
That"s bold talk for a one eyed fat man. Lucky Ned Pepper

Posts: 90 | Location: Raleigh Co. WV | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TScottW55
posted Hide Post
Daily carry - Kershaw Emerson Wave

Custom "ish" carry - Kemerson CQ-7

Multi-tool carry - SOG Para-tool

I probably have around 8 Kershaws, great knife for the money. I carry an assisted opening a lot unless I'm working in a non-free state. I then carry the Wave Kershaw.

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 200 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Belt: Gerber Prodigy
Pocket Clip: Kobalt folding box-cutter
Toolbox: Victorinox Champion (McGuyver)
Key Chain: SOG key
Backup: Several dozen (60+ years of collecting)

Posts: 131 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I prefer large (Bowie-esque) fixed blades for woods carry. My current favorites are a custom made by Nick Huff in Ft. Worth TX, an Ontario Marine Raider Bowie, and a Hen and Rooster Bowie. I've got a pretty good selection of bowies to swap around my carry knives as well. My daily carry folder is a Boker AK74 auto opener, but I've also got Benchmade, CRKT, Kershaw, Case, and a few others that I can go to in a pinch.

Butch.

Posts: 4 | Location: Mineral Wells TX | Registered: March 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Nothing but Benchmade for everyday carry. One for each day of the week. laugh
I have several Havalon knives in my hunting pack and one in the door of my truck for
skinning.
My sheath skinning/boning knives are made by a friend in Victoria, TX.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3074 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Kershaw and Havalon for EDC, fixed blade--Silver Stag!

SemperFi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: semperfi,

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 800 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Fixed Blades has to be Benchmade
EDC Folder Victorinox

Michael Gorman

Posts: 15 | Location: Worland, Wyoming | Registered: December 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
I like my KRal knife. But for everyday carry, it's my Spartan. Just got a Hoback Goliath. It might get some pocket time.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
My EDC knife is a Benchmade AFO II and I also carry a Case Slimline Trapper most of the time. If I'm out checking trail cameras or loafing in the woods then I carry a sturdy sheath knife also usually a Buck Special. 99% of the time I leave the house outside of walking the dog or checking the mail I have 2 guns, 2 knives and 2 ways to light a fire.

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2154 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
EDC are a Benchmade Griptilian and Kershaw Cryo. For hunting, I’ve carried a Cold Steel Master Hunter for over 30 years.

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 976 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
EDC work- Buck Bantam and Gerber Paraframe mini

EDC street- Ontario Rat 2 and Gerber Ghostrike

Field work- Case Finn, Outdoor Edge Razor Lite and Gerber Paraframe

Truck/BOB- Cold Steel SRK, Gerber Paraframe, Ontario Rat 2

EDC keychain- SOG key and Victorinox Huntsman

Processing fish/game- Eagle Claw, Victorinox and Dexter Russel

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1826 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
benchmade griptilian

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 2

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
This summer I had read some reviews on the Ontario Knife Co. Rat II folder with 3” blade, so I picked one up with the purpose being for EDC. Wow, this thing arrived with a tight lockup and super sharp blade. Feels great in the hand, but I cut a finger by accidentally applying pressure against the blade. It wasn’t a slice, just downward pressure. The cut healed quickly within a few days.

I hadn’t intended to use it for anything special other than an every day carry. Certainly not to do any “work “ with it besides light duty use. Well, it was in my pocket a couple weeks ago along with my other knife that was there for field dressing and skinning chores during our hunt. I decided to go ahead and see how the Rat would perform field dressing my antelope. It was fantastic as it zipped through the process without effort. Later I skinned the antelope with it as well, and also field dressed and skinned 3 deer that week. It was the only knife I used besides a boning knife. I’m really impressed with the Rat II, being a knife under $40. Unfortunately it is not made in the US, though it is still holding the factory edge and I have no doubt it will handle similar work again before needing sharpening.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1826 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like Cold Steel, particularly the Pendleton Hunter in the premium steel,

Posts: 23 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Every day finds a Benchmade Mini Griptilian (model 555 with 154CM steel blade) in my pocket and either an ESEE CANDIRU (1095) or IZULA (440c) around my neck.

In the field:
For the last 10 years or so it has been a small Buck skinner which I I believe is discontinued (154CM).
This year I used a Havalon scalpel style knife and was very impressed. The Buck will continue to go afield until I trust the replaceable scalpel blades, but 4 deer this year and the Buck knife didn't leave the sheath.

I much prefer a non-folder for field use (easier clean-up is just 1 reason), and I'm impressed enough with the replaceable scalpel blades I my look into a fixed handle for field use.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my favorite truck knife is the long discontinued Cold Steel Culloden.

Posts: 23 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post