Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What knife brand do you prefer? Type? Login/Join 

posted Hide Post
I usually have a Gerber folder in my pocket and several other Gerber and Buck knives somewhere near. But I have been bitten by the Bob Dozier bug...

Posts: 1649 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Kershaw and Sog

------------------------------
My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
Yes you can say I have always been Red White and Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Stubshaft
posted Hide Post
Kershaw

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Posts: 316 | Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I carry the following (not all at the same time or my pants would hit the floor from the weight!)

Belt Knives
Randle #1 Fixed blade
BaliSong (now BenchMade) Butterfly Knife
Buck Folder
Custom Made Camp Knife

Packet Carry
Buck Quickfire
Gerber Paul Knife
AG Russel

There are several others not mentioned

Darryl

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Posts: 3253 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
Gerber folder with pocket clip.

Mike

Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My daily carry is a Victorinox Tinker. To handy for me as a facilities type maintenance person.
My hunting knives range from a large Victorinox locking folder for light stuff, to Case and Buck fixed blades. I also have a few Lakota fixed blade, Hawks, and Finwings, as well as the rubber handled Pardners, but Lakota pricing has gotten a little high lately.
Andy

Posts: 787 | Location: South Central VA | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
R.I.P.

Picture of Tobias_Dunlap
posted Hide Post
Moore Maker

Rigid and folders, they are the best knives I have ever used.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

The handgun, more than the rifle or shotgun, is the badge of the free, self-reliant, undaunted individualist who epitomizes the spirit of the United States of America- Jeff Cooper, Handguns Afield

Posts: 64 | Location: Denison, TX | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Camillus or the older Puma folding knives

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3508 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bear Skinner
posted Hide Post
K-Bar Military, Made in the USA and cant beat em. Or, home made.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bear Skinner,

Posts: 2277 | Location: East Coast, NC | Registered: December 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
USA made Schrade. I recall buying my first "good" knife at their factory outlet store in Ellenville, NY back in the 80's. Still have that knife.

Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
Life Member, New York State Rifle Association
Life Member Saugerties Fish & Game
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Posts: 169 | Location: Catskill Mountains NY | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
I have this knife thing down pat since I'm cleaning about 100 deer, 50 squirrels, and a turkey a year. I rotate 4 different Bucks in the summer. After cleaning 3 deer I sharpen one with my quasi-patented three method system. After 12 deer I rotate knives. After 2 years I send them back to Buck and they put factory edges on for $6. In small game season I use a Gerber Magnum LST for squirrels and turkey. Holds an edge very well. In deer season I use a Cold Steel Pendleton folder. It cuts through bones easier. IN WV you can bring out the deer meat only with the head and horns attached. There is a plan to my madness.

Posts: 1848 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I really like the pocket knives being produced by the Great Eastern Cutlery
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/ . USA all the Way. Very good Quality.

Posts: 79 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of .30 Herrett
posted Hide Post

Posts: 231 | Location: Vestcoast of Norway | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bear Skinner
posted Hide Post
Wanted to mention the CASE knives. They are very nicely made and I've been using them for years. Do a lot of my skinning with a Case Shark-Tooth although I preferred my Case Mako but it was stolen when my truck was stolen back in 2001. Those rats stole my truck in the Wal-mart parking lot. Thats what I get for shopping at Wally world. Shop local only now.

Posts: 2277 | Location: East Coast, NC | Registered: December 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Marbles and Olsen for hunting, in my pocket CRKT, in a display case the ones made by my brother

Posts: 473 | Location: Key Colony Beach, FL Keys | Registered: January 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I carry Victorinox every day, along with Cold Steel.

Cold Steel fan, I probably own fifteen or so different products.

Another favorite in my tool bag every day, is the CS Special Forces Shovel which also makes for a great weed and stick chopping tool.

A.G.

Posts: 525 | Location: Ca. Delta | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Luckydawg13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by possumcop:
I have many but my favorite's are German Eye and Benchmade. I don't like the one's that dull in your pocket.

My 2 cents worth

Doug

in my pocket its a benchmade on my belt a puma

Kids that Hunt and Fish Dont Mug Old Ladies

Posts: 1144 | Location: illinois | Registered: January 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ranger8487
posted Hide Post
Schrade Old Timer folding sheath knifef. Been carrying mine since 1982. It has a lifetime guarantee against damage AND loss.

I carried it hunting and on Search and Rescue missions. Still serves me well. It only gets "sharpened" on a buffing wheel with polishing compound.

Posts: 30 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: March 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Al-Mar, Ernie Emerson, and Zero Tolerance in that order. Kinda exspensive but ya get what ya pay for.

Guns are awsome, guns are fun, pull the trigger and it's all done.

Posts: 84 | Location: N.E. Wyoming | Registered: July 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Probly the best sharpener I've come across is called Wicked-Edge, check them out they're great.

Guns are awsome, guns are fun, pull the trigger and it's all done.

Posts: 84 | Location: N.E. Wyoming | Registered: July 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post