Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Knives, Multi-Tools & Other Gadgets    Links to articles and pictures of my work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Links to articles and pictures of my work Login/Join 

posted
I tried to post some pictures of some of my work in case any of you guys are interested but I couldn't figure it out. I decided to post a couple of links instead. The first one is about performance. The 2nd one has a few pics. You can also go to google images and search "Darrin Sanders knives" and lots of pics will pop up.
I'm a full time maker and can make pretty much anything a reasonable person might want but no fantasy knives. LOL
Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

https://www.bladeforums.com/th...full-review.1190607/

https://www.bladeforums.com/th...fe-pictures.1315289/

Posts: 22 | Location: Central Louisiana (Pollock) | Registered: August 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Some nice blades. Buddy of mine has been making knives for several years now. I have the #1 made from a file. Some say it can't be done with much success. I have ran it through the ringer so to speak. It field dressed, split pelvis and skinned nine deer before it showed any signs of getting dull. It is fairly heavy, but the balance and length are what I like. The weight sure helps in my opinion. Blade is about 4 1/2".

He got his first Damascus forged last month. The pattern came out very nice. Nothing fancy, a traditional look of what one thinks of.

He got off on a big knife trend for a while. Not a fantasy style, but not somthing that would lend its self to being a hand size. He sold a few then the rest sat for a long time. He finally got it through his head and is now focused more on blades from 2 1/2" to maybe 6". He can't get them made quick enough now.

The Guild was in KC week before last,mi could not get away but he made it. Spoke to several folks and they were all helpful and urged him to stay after it.

A knife is a tool. A body doesn't know what they are missing until they have a good one. I find them to be much like holsters, you will have a few favorites. All serve a specific purpose.

Look forward to more of your post.
Jeff

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3022 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post