Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knives of alaska question Login/Join 

Picture of 700varmint
posted
I have a KOA alaska skinner that i would like the blade hollow ground, where can i get this done?

------------------------------
"IF you really think about it, we are all one bullet away from being in charge" GySgt A.R. Goulding USMC
VHA Memeber # 69590

Posts: 1347 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
May I suggest you just pick up another knife as regrinding a finished blade can be catastrophic.

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As Tink stated, you do not want to re-grind a finished blade, it will destroy the heat treating and hardness, you can find a really nice unfinished blade for a decent price and have that worked over the way you want.

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If the reason you want the edge re-ground is because the knife is dull or chipped send it in to KOA and they will do it for free. I chipped the blade on my camp knife and sent it in. They sent me a new knife and $10 to pay for my shipping! I will be buying from them exclusively from now on.

Posts: 29 | Location: Black Hills South Dakota  | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post