Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  REVOLVER-itis!    .357/44 Bain & Davis in S&W model 27-6

Moderators: Magnum Mike
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.357/44 Bain & Davis in S&W model 27-6 Login/Join 

posted
It was recommended in another post, and I've read a little bit about it. Have any of you had this conversion done? Pros? Cons? Who did the work for you? Thanks,
kstockfo

Posts: 45 | Location: flint, michigan | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Only real down side is you can only load it to about 75-80%. Since it has a shoulder it will thrust back when fired and can lock up the gun if too hot.

———————————————-
Bayside Custom Gunworks
(307) 746-9740
www.baysidecustomgunworks.net

Accuracy is final.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have one on a Blackhawk and Chris is correct, it will lock up if loaded to hot.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a Blackhawk in .357/44 B&D as well.
I am very pleased with the performance. I get 1625 fps with 140gr bullets and 1573 fps with 158 gr. No stuck cases at these velocities.
I know it can be loaded hotter in a single shot, but this is fast enough for me.
I had my 9mm cylinder re-cambered, so I can still shoot .357 mag /38's in the other cylinder.

kware

Posts: 176 | Location: Western Missouri | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post