Specialty Pistols
Do you buy reloading equipment off Amazon?

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/864109706/m/8460022476

October 30, 2014, 09:01 AM
Magnum Mike
Do you buy reloading equipment off Amazon?
Just curious...Do you buy reloading equipment off Amazon?YesNoDidnt know i could

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

October 31, 2014, 12:47 AM
MK 19
My extended family gives me Amazon gift cards for my birthday and Christmas, what is the better way to spend that money then to buy bullets and brass that I need
October 31, 2014, 01:00 AM
Duffy
Not the first place I look. The only shooting related product I've gotten from them was a clay target thrower and only because they were the cheapest and it included shipping. Their descriptions on such items really suck because they generally don't know what their talking about. You really have to know what you want and it's purpose.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan
October 31, 2014, 09:23 AM
hunt4570
Just on occasion, and like Duffy said you had better know what you are looking for before you go to Amazon. AND.. if the item is being offered through Optics Planet.. NO!!.... I will buy elsewhere!!!
October 31, 2014, 09:35 AM
Magnum Mike
Amazon sets up "items" and you cant change the description or pictures. Really, a lousy set up...very labor intensive too. Not to mention they have the highest fees of any place we sell our products.

We put a couple items on there to see how much interest there is for reloading products.

mike

October 31, 2014, 12:41 PM
magman
I use Amazon if the pricing is right. I have bought some brass from them, only because it was the only place with any in stock.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

October 31, 2014, 01:18 PM
Sawcarver
Amazon a lot of times has pricing that is about the same as anywhere else or a little better but the main thing that helps me is shipping. A bunch of times I can get item shipped for free. I hate it when you spend time shopping to find the best price then you go to check out and shipping is outragous.

Adam
October 31, 2014, 04:51 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Sawcarver:
Amazon a lot of times has pricing that is about the same as anywhere else or a little better but the main thing that helps me is shipping. A bunch of times I can get item shipped for free. I hate it when you spend time shopping to find the best price then you go to check out and shipping is outragous.

Adam

+1

That's why we offer very low cost shipping. Was always one of my pet peeves. DIShonest & UNfair shipping charges always set me over the edge. laugh

mike

November 01, 2014, 09:59 AM
mrmurl
I have just not needed anything from there, but might use them if I needed something that I can't get from members of the forums that I hang out on.

Mr. Murl
NRA Life Member

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin
November 01, 2014, 07:42 PM
Luckydawg13
if the price is right i will

Kids that Hunt and Fish Dont Mug Old Ladies
November 02, 2014, 04:21 PM
Magnum Mike
I just put some of the Redding/imperial lubricants on there and already sold some. Their fees are high so I have to figure that into the price but it's looking like a place I can't ignore...

mike

January 12, 2015, 11:12 AM
Magnum Mike
Update: We are getting 3-4x the response at Amazon as we are at gunbroker! Granted, we've been on gb for years but surprised how many pursue this gear on amazon. If I were to join ebutt, we could increase our sale at least 20%...

mike

February 14, 2015, 12:56 PM
squirrelhunter
I get about all of mine from Midway USA.Use to get it from Lock,Stock & Barrel until they closed up shop.
April 22, 2015, 11:12 AM
Lile
Before buying on Amazon be sure to closely read the return policy. If the seller advertised a Walker they have not carried in 2 years. Then ships a lower priced, inferior, unsafe copy. Amazon refers you to the 30% restocking fee to return it in the buyers agreement. This is outrageous. Never again.
March 09, 2016, 07:35 PM
roadtoad
I use Midway & Brownells alot, but I like Amazon because of their cheap/free shipping and the one-click to buy once you have an account. But as sid, you have to know what you want and know what to avoid. I seldom use my 'friendly' local shop for much more than powder and primers.
April 25, 2016, 06:22 PM
semperfi
never have.

Sonny

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member
April 25, 2016, 09:29 PM
chuck m
I find I can buy cheaper locally than over the internet.
Chuck m

It's hard to fly with the Eagles when you work with a bunch of Turkeys.
April 26, 2016, 09:22 PM
Magnum Mike
Our website prices are lower than midway on Redding, Lee and most everything we offer...

mike

April 15, 2020, 11:40 AM
Knucklehead 61
My answer with Amazon [and fleabay] is 'It depends'. I like to buy local, but it isn't always practical due to travel, stocking, etc.. I've used mail-order for over 40 years and obviously accept it. I prefer Midway and Brownell's for reloading equipment and supplies, I have a number of other vendors that I also use, but usually check Amazon for small orders where the Prime shipping makes up for a slight difference in price.
Sometimes, when you are searching for a special part or tool, you look everywhere you can and make make you choice of vendor based on the results.
April 15, 2020, 01:02 PM
Magnum Mike
Funny, completely forgot about this thread. Amazon, recently, has gone crazy! We are almost selling more there than we are on our website. Its actually out pacing ebutt which is by far our largest volume of sales (also our greatest advertisement opportunity).

Crazy times we are living in!

mike

April 15, 2020, 05:57 PM
BruceP
It's not one of the first places that I look but I have bought a few reloading items there when I have had a gift card.

Bruce
April 17, 2020, 09:51 PM
big10
I only shop Amazon if I can't find it anywhere else. I dislike the owner greatly and his politics, as well as the way they treat their employees. Amazon is the reason so many local businesses have shuttered. I avoid at all costs.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)
April 25, 2020, 08:49 PM
Jay HHI6818
Buy mostly Midway when they have free shipping with $50 purchase. Bought some Boretech cleaning solvents from Amazon since we have an account. Can’t beat free shipping. Kinda forget about Optics planet but the have free shipping to.
April 26, 2020, 03:47 AM
Bobcat
I looked on Amazon last night for an RCBS bench mounted primer pocket swager but everyone seems to be out of stock. Normally I don't even think to look there if I need reloading gear. After nearly 50 years of handloading there is not too much stuff I ever need other than components.

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee
April 27, 2020, 04:28 PM
Sawfish
Check with Dillon.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling
May 10, 2020, 08:42 AM
hunt4570
I try not to buy from Amazon but sometimes they make it too easy.. their shipping however is WAY slow and annoying. Ordered a tumbler from them a couple weeks ago and after a week and a half of no shipping notice I canceled the order.
I'm a fan of lee Dies and normally get them from FS Reloading. Just went to your site and could not find any Lee dies..
March 30, 2021, 10:53 AM
mrmurl
Hunt; if you haven't already, give this place a look.
https://www.titanreloading.com/
Been pretty good for me.

Mr. Murl
NRA Life Member

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin
April 01, 2021, 06:50 PM
Hank
Prefer to buy locally first, then shooting outfitters. I don't support them and won't buy anything from Amazon anymore. I never buy ammo, primers or powders on line, I have a good source for those (used to), close by. I'll support my LGS any chance I get.