Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooters World Login/Join 

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted
I read this article and found it interesting. Just wondering if anyone has tried precision rifle. IT looks like data is kinda non existent in some calibers. I’ve emailed them twice to try and get data for the 7-30 Waters but no reply. I just wondered how close to Varget data this would be. If I start low with varget data ????.... Varget seems to have vanished from the shelf

https://thereloadersnetwork.co...ers-world-precision/

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 448 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are a lot of main stay cartridges for SP’s that have seen very little if any new data since the mid 80’s to maybe very early 90’s. It takes a huge amount of time and effort to compile “safe” data where lawyers are concerned.

As always the newest and most popular see a large majority of attention.

The last go around with primers and powder got a lot of folks attention. I still see swings of Varget and 4350 a availability. I know what I use component wise. I try to keep stuff on hand and not run my supply real low. So, I buy primers and powder when funds allow and try to catch sales and or free shipping.

R26 came out and Scheels had it priced crazy low, bought a pound for me and a couple of buddies to try. Worked out well for us and we went back and bought 3x8lb jugs. Now it is hard to find.

I use a fair bit of 8208 and Hybrid100V, both are hard to find at times. I go ahead and buy what I can. Ramen noodles and hotdogs for a while some times,lol.

Keep it in a cool dry climate and it will keep. I am using some 4350 and 4895 from a buddies estate, it’s from the mid 70’s. Have some old 2400 I am working with as well.

I have looked at shooters world, but have not tried any. I saw little data for anything I even considered using it in. I just hate to commit to a new powder only to have it discontinued after working up loads. Had that happen with Norma and Accurate powders, ticked me off to say the least.
Don’t get me wrong I will try new powders, but it at least better do something better than what I have worked with prior.

I would do some serious studying on it (shooters world) then proceed with caution. Just because it worked the same in one cartridge does not mean it will in others.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was G1!

Posts: 2826 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
This stuff has been around for around 5 years now. It is very inexpensive, at least online, and seems to have a following among those that have tried it. I've only seen it in one shop around here and they're trying to get premium pricing, so I've never tried it.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
This stuff has been around for around 5 years now. It is very inexpensive, at least online, and seems to have a following among those that have tried it. I've only seen it in one shop around here and they're trying to get premium pricing, so I've never tried it.

Me, Kyle and our cousin is considering buying a pound a piece and split the hazmat. We got half off hazmat then divide that three ways and only $21 a pound won’t break us up doing a little R&D. We might be the guinea pigs...

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 448 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rusty
I believe the burn rates on Shooters World powders are similar to Accurate/Western powders.
I use a lot of their handgun powders and like them well enough. And save a few bucks as well.
I have not tried their rifle powders.

Posts: 335 | Location: USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
https://shootersworldpowder.co...ers-world-manual.pdf

I use the pistol powders "AUTO PISTOL and ULTIMATE PISTOL" and they seem to be as good or better the just about any other powder out there. I have not used any of the rifle powders though.

Jules

Posts: 2803 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I know a couple small ammo companies are using their stuff exclusively. I have played with some of their pistol powder. Seems just fine.

Posts: 3628 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post