Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading Information, Data & Equipment    Your favorite handloading tool/gadget/equipment?

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite handloading tool/gadget/equipment? Login/Join 

Picture of BT
posted
Just for conversation purposes. What is something in your reloading equipment arsenal that you really like and would rather not be without? Possibly there are several?

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1508 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Credit card. Makes ordering stuff so much easier than the old mail in way laugh

Posts: 3628 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Ionizer, keeps all of that pesky static at bay.

Posts: 861 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Dial calipers

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 448 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Go ahead and laugh, my balance beam scale.
I tried several electronic ones, all of them lied to me at some point. My balance beam gets certified every year or so, when I remember to bring it to work when they do ours there.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was G1!

Posts: 2826 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
Go ahead and laugh, my balance beam scale.
I tried several electronic ones, all of them lied to me at some point. My balance beam gets certified every year or so, when I remember to bring it to work when they do ours there.

No laughing here. I almost said this too. Dial calipers and balance beam scales. Nothing digital. Guess I’m old school..... or just old Confused

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales

Posts: 448 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
I’m also very partial to my hornady cam lock trimmer along with the hornady case prep trio.

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales

posted Hide Post
Basic measuring tools for weight an length are pretty essential.

My powder measure also gets used with almost every round I load.

If any of the above were unavailable or malfunctioning, it would be a problem and/or pain.

Now I do have a one special new tool that has helped me do stuff I previously wanted to do, but was frustrated as it would be too was hard and/or impossible. I have really enjoyed my 7x14 mini lathe. It is a tool that lets me make tools that do exactly what I want.

Paul Flados

Posts: 29 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
My press. Hard to losd without one.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6882 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
I like all the stuff....rock chucker press etc etc....but the most simple thing is a favorite. Actually i have 2 of them. Homemade wooden case loading blocks. scratch head
I have a factory plastic rcbs and maybe another homemade thingy that work fine.....but a simple 2x6 with holes drilled by flat bottom bit, and a little sanding to smooth things up is as fine as frog hair.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9228 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My Lee hand priming tool

Posts: 163 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Handi 204:
My Lee hand priming tool

I’m with ya there. Another tool I really like is the Forster chamfer/deburring tool. I’ve got mine in a small bench vise and it’s very easy on the wrists.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1508 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like all the bits and pieces associated with reloading, especially the Lee Collet necking die for 30-30 and beam scale, but what I really like is the aura of my reloading room which tells my wife i'm in the zone and she shouldn't disturb me unless the house is burning down.

Posts: 108 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Lyman 55's

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6431 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Of all the tools mentioned which I would agree are essentials that I would list there is one that has not been mentioned that IS the SUPREME essential in my loading room. MY READING GLASSES. Cool My arms have gotten too short.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of halo7b
posted Hide Post
Well something I could not go without is my music, I had a head injury about twenty years ago and have nerve damage in my right ear, so if it is too quite the ringing becomes an issue with focusing on tasks.

As far as tools, my old Cummings 7x12 lathe is likely my favorite tool for reloading, I really use it for all kinds of tasks that would otherwise take up more time than it should, from trimming brass, turning necks, cleaning primer pockets, de-burring flash holes, and chamfering. It sees a lot of use in my shop for reloading

Halo7b (Jim)

Posts: 364 | Location: S. East Mi. | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
harbor freight dual drum tumbler with ss pins

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 1597 | Location: windber, pa | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of calmountman
posted Hide Post
Honestly? Mine is this website. I have been here since 2004 and even though I don't post much, I am here lurking all the time.

I can't imagine where my hobby would be without you guys.

I tip my hat to Magnum Mike and the wonderful job he has done with this website since the beginning. Thank you!

And to Bobby Tomek, thank you again for all the help you have given us over the years, god bless you my friend.

Stay cool everybody,

Richard.

Posts: 489 | Location: San Diego, Ca. | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Probably my ONE favorite piece of equipment would be my Dillon 550 reloader's. I started with a 450 years ago, then upgraded to a 550, which has been upgraded to Two of the later Model 550's.
I load lots of handgun ammo on them. I load 38 Special, 357 Maximum, 40 S&W, 10mm, 44 Magnum, 45 acp, 45 GAP, and 480 Ruger handgun ammo on them.

Bob R

Posts: 167 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My Harrell's benchrest powder measure, throws within a tenth of an grain consistently or my 21st Century priming tool.

Posts: 294 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My favorite is the RCBS case prep center.It performs 4 different
steps(deburr inside and outside case mouth,cleans primer pocket
and scrubs inside case neck).All in a matter of seconds.I wouldn’t
be without one.Although this favorite tool follows my most disliked,
Case trimming on a Hornady case trimmer.Tedious chore.

Posts: 20 | Location: cny | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
RCBS Auto Bench Primer. Still has the FEEEELING I like but helps these old hands tremendously and a SECOND vote for SP BEST people in the world
Safe shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1619 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Another one for the Lee Hand primer and I also like the Hornady headspace gauge for setting up dies.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4605 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of calmountman
posted Hide Post
I bought me one of those ultrasonic cleaners from harbor freight a few years just to see how clean it would get my brass. Boy was I impressed with the job it did using only water, vinegar, and a small amount of dawn dish soap.

No more cleaning media out of my brass before reloading Cool

Richard.

Posts: 489 | Location: San Diego, Ca. | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
I have really grown to like my RCBS Chargemaster Lite. I weigh all my powder charges when loading rifle rounds and the Chargemaster makes things so much easier and faster that I can load in less than half the time it took before.

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 1791 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My favorite is ear plugs so I don't have to listen to my wife while reloading. Why is it when you're doing something critical women will bug the dog snot out of you? Slap_Forehead

Posts: 35 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post