Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 JDJ Login/Join 

posted
Anyone have any good data they care to share? Specifically if anyone has used the 250 grain gameking? I have the Hornady data from their book but will take whatever else you have. Reloaded for this round before but it’s been close to 20 years ago.

Posts: 98 | Location: Georgetown, KY | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think Jones-His-Own-Self had the 250 Sierra listed in his load data he shipped with new barrels. I'll look around for mine, but my shop is in disarray at the moment due to packing to move.

Posts: 754 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Try doing a search in this forum, you may find something

Posts: 386 | Location: terryville, ct | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
I've used the .375 JDJ since it's inception. The 250 Sierra Game King is a favorite in it. GaSixgunner took eland and kudu with it. It works.
JD developed the JDJs to be used with AA2520. My load for the 250 has always been 50.0 gr. AA2520 (which is 2 gr. below JD's max load. I saw no reason to stress my gun). I've taken hundreds of groundhogs and 20+ deer with this bullets. Flatter shooting than other bullets in the .375.
Later JD developed loads with H322. I've never used them. His max load for the 250 was 44.9 gr. I'd use 43.0 gr.
He recommends NO USE of X bullets in the .375 JDJ (pressure problems).
I've had excellent results with 220 Horn. FPs and 225 Horn. SPs. Not made now. If you can find them get some.
The 235 gr. Speer SP (51.0 gr. AA2520 max) has been used. I never liked the rounded nose. The Sierra shot better.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 1607 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, I seem to remember AA2520 was the powder I loaded in the past. I was hoping someone might also have some data with newer powders like Varget and the Reloader series.

Posts: 98 | Location: Georgetown, KY | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I can't help you with any "new" powders, but I load IMR 4064 under my 270 gr Hornady's.

Posts: 754 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post