Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading Information, Data & Equipment    321 GNR vs rimmed Whisper or AAC Blackout.

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

321 GNR vs rimmed Whisper or AAC Blackout. Login/Join 

posted
Do not want to downplay any of Gary's work, but very interested in how much different this is from a rimmed 300/221 when using Mag brass. Is it the shoulder angle, throat, shoulder location, or something else. From what I have read the dies are spec'd to size down for .308 bullets but it is able to shoot the .312's just fine (like the 30-20WCF).

This is still along the lines of my wanting a smaller capacity 30 cal for general purpose use with inexpensive bullets. I am still looking at this, and 32H&R, or a 30-20 as my primary choices. Cost of a barrel if one comes up for sale will most likely be the decision maker.

Formerly Redleg11B

Posts: 151 | Location: PA | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
300blk rimmed is made with 360dw brass, not magnum. Not familiar with the gnr you mention so I can't speak to it.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
"321GNR is a 357 Mag case necked to 32" used with a .308 groove barrel. The dies size down enough for a .308 bullet, but can be used with .312 pistol bullets. In looking at a photo of it, it appears to have a similar neck as a Mag case run through a FL 300AAC die. Just trying to settle a curiosity

Formerly Redleg11B

Posts: 151 | Location: PA | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it might be similar to the 357 AET round.

Albert
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10313 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hersh5317:
"321GNR is a 357 Mag case necked to 32" used with a .308 groove barrel. The dies size down enough for a .308 bullet, but can be used with .312 pistol bullets. In looking at a photo of it, it appears to have a similar neck as a Mag case run through a FL 300AAC die. Just trying to settle a curiosity
Since it's made from magnum brass, it definately has an advantage from that stand point, magnum brass is everywhere and is cheap. I get the whole .312" bullets in the 308 bore, people have been doing that for years in the 30-20 and others. Actually, it can probably be done in a 300BLK rimmed barrel too, although I've never tried it. I have run the .309" 90 xtp thru the 300BLK without issue. If your after inexpensive brass, the 321 sounds like the way to go.

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post