Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chop Saw Login/Join 

posted
My son wants to use a chop saw to shorten cases. As he is in and out of the country (USAF) he has asked me to get him one. I checked with Harbor Freight but can't find one that appears to be the right one. Could someone please tell me which is the chop saw everyone is getting from Harbor Freight

Thanks

Will K

Posts: 1749 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Same thing as HF listed on E Bay and maybe a few $$ cheaper? That's where I got mine and it works as designed.
Had to take it apart after cutting a few cases and tighten up the pieces that didn't get squared away at the factory but after that, No Problems.

Posts: 346 | Location: Northern California | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
http://www.harborfreight.com/c...ch/result?q=chop+saw
The 2" should work from 5.56 to 20 MM cases, The 6" on up to 105's
What's he cutting ?? Don't forget extra blades.
I think a few here have made jigs for making "Whisper" cases, maybe they will post pictures

------------------------------
IHMSA # 566, Time sure flys when you're having fun

Posts: 1857 | Location: Bagdad [no H] Fla | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
The 2" is what I use. http://www.harborfreight.com/b...t-off-saw-42307.html

I use it for trimming jackets for swaging as well. I have made a few jigs to allow adjustable trim length on the jackets.

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1582 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Will, I have the Harbor Freight Mini Chop Saw (the small one). I used it to make all of my 300x221 cases (from W-W .223 Remington brass) Works like a charm ! I did not use a jig, but it would be definitely easier to use with one. On my "to do" list !

Posts: 1301 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. Philip that is where he is going. Wants me to do the wood work which should not be a problem. And Philip, the dies are great. Really appreciate them.

Will

Posts: 1749 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
This is before I upgraded to the premium wood handle. laugh

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of springer222
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the coupon to get 20-25% off one item - helps keep the cost down.

http://promocodesforyou.com/in...z817oCFdJj7Aod22YAFw

Posts: 767 | Location: TX'n transplant to South MS | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Read our rules, advertising is not allowed without permission!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Magnum Mike,

w

Posts: 1 | Location: Dublin | Registered: August 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post