Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oldie but goodie Login/Join 

Life

Picture of Jules
posted
Has anyone seen this type/age? box of Federal SP primers. I picked them up yesterday from a retired Vet. Still had the original price tag.

Jules

Posts: 2803 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
$6.50/1k!! That's nuts! laugh

Never seen that packaging...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Think that's around the 60's. Saw some similar at fellow's place that had recently passed away. They were shot shell primers but had the same box look.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4605 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
I figured that box was out long before I started reloading. I paid $10.00/$12.00 per 1000 when I started reloading.

Jules

Posts: 2803 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Was that a hard transition going from flint, to primers? laugh

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was G1!

Posts: 2826 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
Here is one I purchased in the early 80's they where $.86 per hundred or $8.00 for the thousand.

Albert
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10313 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was paying 9.95/thousand when I started. Getting old....

Posts: 551 | Location: River Ridge, Louisiana | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
HotRodAl those didn't happen to come from Mack and Dave's in Huntington WV? I have been in there many times when I went to visit in-laws. I still have some small pistol primers in a box like that and they still work just as good as new production.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've still got a bunch of CCI's that were 4.99 per 1K delivered when I purchased them. Got them at Hampels if I remember correctly.

Jon

Posts: 1497 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
1966. Still have a 100 pack from a few that I bought from a Gibson's store in Louisiana.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3316 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post