Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

41 caliber 190 FTX.. Login/Join 

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted

http://m.hornady.com/store/41-Cal-.410-190-gr-FTX/

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19251 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mark T
posted Hide Post
You in love with those things?

- Humble adorer of the 45/70
- Cry out for wisdom. Follow integrity and virtue.

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FyrepowrX
posted Hide Post
i havent yet tried 'em in the .414, but the shorty-41 carbine seems to like em....

=================================

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."
Groucho Marx

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Posts: 7213 | Location: North-Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark T:
You in love with those things?
Just ran across them last night, sez coming soon. Wink I'm always all about new bullets for my favourite cartridge! As a side note, I also seen they've got a 135 30 coming out this year. Same parameters as the 160, 1600-2600. Should make a great all around bullet in the smaller 30s.

Looks like they do well for accuracy, G. Didn't know about the first run but it looks like it's going to be a standard item now. They give no operating parameters but I'm guessing that they were designed with the "Magnum" in mind. I'll certainly give them a try once they're out.

mike

Posts: 19251 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mark T
posted Hide Post
Youse guys with your 41 carbines. Just when I had determined I didn't need anything else.

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Youse guys with your 41 carbines. Just when I had determined I didn't need anything else.

They're also fun and effective in the handheld versions. Wink

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1509 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I told myself not to buy any more guns. Then, MGM was running a special on some barrels and I couldn't lay off a 16.5 inch heavy barrel .41 Mag. While it's in a handgun format -- it was my first introduction to the .41 Mag. Must admit I really like what I've seen so far. Now I've got some of those red tip bullets headed to MO! I deeply regret I've neglected the .41 Mag. for all these years -- but I'm going to try and catch up.

Posts: 942 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
That's awesome Mr Mark! I really look forward to your experience as I know they'll be pix of very attractive unwilling participants. laugh

mike

posted Hide Post
Mike, I think I've lost my freaking mind -- got two revolvers coming in .41 Mag. Like a little kid, can't wait to get these in the field for some "testing."

Posts: 942 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mark T
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
quote:

They're also fun and effective in the handheld versions. Wink

BT, yes, I am well aquanted with them in hand held versions. Big Grin. Redhawk, Blackhawk, and contender style.

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
Mike, I think I've lost my freaking mind -- got two revolvers coming in .41 Mag. Like a little kid, can't wait to get these in the field for some "testing."
Big Grin Care to share what's on the way? I might happen to have a slight fondness for 41 wheelguns. Wink

mike

Picture of Mark T
posted Hide Post
Slight fondness? Eek

posted Hide Post
Mike, I know you have an abundance of experience with the .41 Mag. May have to lean on your wisdom and magic loads. I've been pleased with the Encore barrel so much I decided to get this cartridge in revolvers too. I found a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .41 Mag. Bisley -- and sent it to Mag-Na-Port for some enhancements. In a few days I'll be at SHOT and will visit with Bob Baker of Freedom Arms. I know this will be a costly conversation :}

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
If I've not tried it, G probably has, one of us will be able to point you in an acceptable direction. Wink

I had an fa 83, it was a great shooter! Never did a lot of experimenting with it as I just don't "love" single actions.

Looking forward to your experiences. Wink

Yes, Mark, "slight"! laugh If you could effectively suppress wheelguns, I'd probably not shoot anything else. Wink

mike

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like Mark T needs to step up to the plate now and grab a 41 mag in a lever gun. You need one of those to Mark.

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
Yes you can say I have always been Red White and Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
BigAl52, Funny you should mention the lever gun. One of my editors ask me to throw in a Henry with a .41 Mag. piece I'm writing. This should be fun with the 41!

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Mark. I will be interested to read what you have to say. I hope maybe you might post a link to the article. Ive been a long time 41 mag fan maybe not quite as big as Mike but close behind. Mike has more 41's than most people have guns all together. Im in the waiting process right now for a Henry carbine to come out in the 41 as I really like how those Henry carbines handle. Even if there are tube fed and have no side gate like the big boys say they need to be quote unquote a real levergun. Smile

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
Yes you can say I have always been Red White and Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever use these 190 gr on any game. Wonder how they would do on deer? Have a 41 blackhawk but mostly shoot lead in it but my 11'' 414 contender they would be fun to try in.

Posts: 706 | Location: Ga. | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Steve E
posted Hide Post
Anyone here used 1680 in the 41 mag? AA doesn't list it but it seems like it would work.

mark hampton

What part of Mo are you from?

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 642 | Location: SEMO | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Steve, Live in Summersville -- Texas County. We sure did have some rain the last few days!

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
1680 is too slow for the standard magnums. It works in the super mags well, from what I've read. H110/W296 and Lil Gun seem to deliver the best speeds in the standard magnums, ime.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Magnum Mike,

mike

Picture of Steve E
posted Hide Post
mark
I'm just outside of West Plains here on 160 East, town was flooded, they shut off electricity for a while, somewhere around here had 9 inches of rain in one day. CC Highway bridge at North Fork Rec Area is gone. I'll stop stealing Mikes thread now.

Mike

I'll mark 1680 off my 'to try list'. I'll experiment some more with Unique, H110 and Lil'Gun, I believe Unique will be my lower powered cast bullet powder and #9 is probably going to be my jacketed bullet powder.

Steve..........

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve E,

NRA Patron Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 642 | Location: SEMO | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
AA9 is another good one that I forget about. AA also came out with a 410 or 4100, iirc, that's supposed to be on the Lil Gun level. Seems I picked up a can but now I can't remember. There's so many good powders any more, it's hard to pick one...

mike

Picture of Tommy
posted Hide Post
I sold Mark T a 14 inch 41 mag contender barrel and with lil gun the velositys were up there with a 414. To the best of my memory (getting old) it was 1700+ fps with a 210 gr bullet also a one hole at 50 yds with 5 shots

---------------------------------
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. By Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Posts: 7594 | Location: SW Mo | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Bumping this old thread to see if any others have had experience with this bullet? Planning to try them in the 41gnr I got from Magman, at some point...

mike

Picture of Steve E
posted Hide Post
I had a 15 inch OTT 357 Maxi bull barrel rechambered to 41mag and it has been great with almost every bullet I have used. It provides rifle like accuracy. This developed rust in the groove areas in storage to the point of affecting accuracy. I don't know what happened as I cleaned it the same as the other two barrels I shot that day, the other barrels are fine. When I put this one away I looked down the barrel after cleaning and pushed a patch of oil through it for protection and about 5 months later when I got it out again it was very pitted. Accuracy went from 3/4 of an inch to 3 inches with pretty bad leading. I was wondering if it had a bad spot in the steel?

Steve.....

NRA Patron Life Member
USAF Veteran

posted Hide Post
Looking for an update on this bullet in a revolver. Is anyone using it? Have a new ruger blackhawk hunter that I would like to try it in.

Posts: 192 | Location: shawnee, ks usa | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post