Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 Maximum Login/Join 

posted
Anyone out there have any loads for 270 Maximum? Parent case is 357 Maximum. I picked up a RPM pistol with a barrel for this caliber. Bullets in the 110-130g category, 10 inch barrel.

Posts: 53 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I used to have a XL with a 270 Max barrel but I sold it to JonPol early last year, unfortunately I never did anything with that barrel so I do not have any information. Jonpol may have done work with that barrel so he may have the information you need. Another choice would be the contact RPM at RPMXL1.com, Jim Rock passed away a couple years ago but his son should be able to help you out.

Posts: 1151 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice on contacting RPM. I ran the cartridge through my NECO QL program and came up with some starting loads. Just wondering what any one else had tried.

Posts: 53 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my silhouette load is 22.5 gr h-322 with the hornady 130 spire point. my gun is a bf and it will not stabilize a 150 gr bullet. allen

Posts: 1360 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
L Cazador........ if you need any 270 Max brass, I have some. My email is listed in my profile.

Posts: 2115 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Allen, any idea what the H322 load velocity is and what length barrel? Dant I sent you an e-mail on the 270 brass.

posted Hide Post
around 1750 fps. going to try 23 grains if I ever get a day off work. barrel length is 10.5" allen

Posts: 1360 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anybody have any 279 max brass

Posts: 2 | Location: Internet  | Registered: February 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats 270 max brass not 279

Posts: 2 | Location: Internet  | Registered: February 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I realize this is an old post, However I have Jim Rocks 270 Max loading recipe and dies for the 270 max, from Jim, What I do not have is the dies to neck down the 357 maximum case to accept the 270 tip. If your still interested you can e-mail me at casper00223@aol.com and please put 270 Max in the subject line so it will catch my attention. Thanks Dave

Posts: 1 | Location: Honey island swamp Louisiana | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
E-mail sent. Thanks Allen