Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Assessment of Newer Brass Login/Join 

posted
Hey guys,
I'm happy to see we've had some new brass manufacturers come to the market. I've read some good comments here re: Starline and Peterson brass. I've also recently come across ADG brass. What's the wisdom of SP have to say about these new brands of brass? How do you rank the three to each other and to other common makers of brass, both high end (Lapua) and regular (Win/Rem)? My interest is in rifle type cartridges like 223, 260, 7-08, etc.

Edited to add: I've also used a lot of Lapua brass (6 BR, 25 BR and 223 Rem necked down to 20 Practical) and been pleased w/ it. I'm going to need more brass for my 22 BR and 260 Rem. Thinking about Peterson for the 22 BR (I'd like a different headstamp to aid quickly differentiating different BR brass). I'm not sure yet what to buy for the 260. I only need #50 for the 260 and Lapua sells theirs in #100.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary T,

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Lapua is top notch brass and use it exclusively in my 6BR, 6.5BR and 6.5-284Norma XP's I also have some I use in my 20 Vartarg made from their 221 Fireball brass. It is expensive but very good brass. I do use Starline in my FA 41mag and some in 357. it is also good brass. Most of my other stuff I use what is available Rem, Win, Fed. and it works fine but I think the Lapua is more consistent and lasts for more firings. just my 2 cents

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1584 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have used both Lapua and Starline brass to make cases for my 25 creedmoor. The Lapua was more consistent in weight and neck thickness but after prep and neck turning I have fired excellent groups with both. I haven’t fired enough rounds to know how long the two will last. I also have some Peterson, Lapua and Remington brass for my 260 Remington but I have not loaded or even preped any of the Peterson yet.

Bruce

Posts: 992 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Lapua has always been the gold standard. I just ordered some ADG 6.5 Saum brass. It is outstanding. It will be my go to from here on out.
Derek

Posts: 794 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
There is also Alpha brass. I bought some of their 6 Dasher brass but will not get a chance to shoot it until I finish restocking my Xp. I have heard very good things about it.

Posts: 416 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Read this last night on Alpha 6 Dasher brass. Sounds like great brass. Very consistent.

http://forum.accurateshooter.c...asher-brass.3993106/

Posts: 1930 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post