Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-30 Encore barrel Login/Join 

posted
Do any of you shoot this barrel with jacketed or cast? Any info good or bad? Any load info?

Posts: 39 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Right now my 16 1/2" is doing real good
With the OLD pre lawyer
load of 31 grain
of 3031 and 170 corloks 2000-2100 fps
shoots 125 tnt speer bullets
well also with reloader 7

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tckurt,

Posts: 18 | Location: michigan | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What Barrel length you got? What purpose will this be used for? I have always had great results using the Nosler 125 gr Ballistic Tip with any 30 cal. as long as you keep the impact velocity under 3000 fps on deer. Many years ago before Nosler produced the Ballistic Tip I had a 10" 30-30 Win in my first ever Contender and I shot 125 gr. Sierra using IMR4198 and it was very accurate and did a good job on deer out to 100 yards which was as far as I ever shot a deer with it. I shoot the 125 BT in my 14" 30-30AI Contender at 2670 fps and it works awesomely.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Carbine or pistol barrel? I shoot 110 gn bullets(vmax and Barns 300bo black tip) in my 14" contender with RL 7 at ~ 2500fps. The Vmax are more accurate (sub MOA) while the Barnes will do 1-1.5" groups at 100 yards reliably. I shoot regularly to 220yards and took a deer this fall at 180 with good performance.

Posts: 108 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am shooting am MGM 26" 1-10 twist on an Encore Pro-Hunter. Mainly, my loads will be for hunting. I do want some performance with accuracy.

Posts: 39 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That long of a barrel should get things moving nicely and get you enough initial velocity to ensure good terminal performance with reasonable bullets. I've never done any 30-30 rifle reloading, always for pistol use. I've found that a collet neck sizer makes the reloading a snap and learned to stay away from Hornday (head separation) and PPU brass(sticky extraction at all load levels).

Posts: 108 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have the same issue with PPU brass in 6 mm Bullberry. I thought it was my forming steps but the PPU is the only one that sticks.

Posts: 163 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post