Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

loading a 454 with 45lc die? Login/Join 

posted
just picked up a ruger R/H in 454, I have a 45lc die set, has anyone used one to load a 454 with? I am a avid re-loader and know you don't need the exact die set to reload quite a few different calibers, but this one is a new one for me.

---------------------------------
"All your skill is to no avail when an Angel ****es in your touch hole". :Old German hunters quote.

Posts: 162 | Location: Troy, MT | Registered: September 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sasuuatch:
...has anyone used one to load a 454 with?
I've done that with Redding dies without issue.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I was thinking so, but I really like my hands, so I thought I would ask. do you know how linotype shoots out of it? i was thinking it would need something pretty hard.

"All your skill is to no avail when an Angel ****es in your touch hole". :Old German hunters quote.

Posts: 162 | Location: Troy, MT | Registered: September 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I only shoot powder coated cast now and have not shot any 454 in the last few years.

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19249 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Lino or hard won’t necessarily over come anything the 454 has to offer.

G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was G1!

Posts: 2826 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Smile I am going to try that powder coating thing one of these days,

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
I used my 45LC dies until my dies came for the 454. It took a little bit of adjusting for the seating die but it all worked out ok. I like to seat and crimp separately so that just took a little bit more time. I made sure to get a Redding Profile crimp die to help hold the heavy bullets better too.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4605 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post