Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 wsm powder choice Login/Join 

Picture of Snake Reaper
posted
I am fixing to have a 300wsm xp 100 built. It will have a 16 barrel. I will be using 180 sst and wi chester brass and either cci or federal primers.I am not wanting any load data I have that in manuals. My question is to all that load for this cal in rifle or pistol. So my question is i have 3 powders in mind H4350 , IMR 4831 OR THE Superformance. Out of this 3 what do all think would be best to start with? The reason I only considering this 3 is I can use all 3 in other cal from creed to prc to 300 mag. The superpeformace looks like in the hornady reloading manual would give best speeds starting out . But I have used IMR in 300 before with good results . But the H4350 looks like the most universal followed by Superformance. I kniw also that it all depends on what the gun likes. I am just asking what other people has found to there liking.

Posts: 167 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snake Reaper
posted Hide Post
anybody like the superformance in the 300 wsm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snake Reaper,

Posts: 167 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Reaper, I don't have a 300wsm but I have a 7 Saum. Characteristics are close. I have tried about six different powders and the best accuracy and velocity has come from H-1000 and H4831sc. With the 4831 winning out.
Hope this helps.
Derek >>>-------->

Posts: 756 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post