Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mount for Springfield M1A Login/Join 

Picture of Greygrouse
posted
Lads,
I'm at that point where iron sights are more the visual texture of a Q-tip.
Soooo... I'm looking for a good, no-drill scope mount for my M1A. If you've had any experience w/same, please let me know - good or bad.
Thanks,
Mike

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority

Posts: 780 | Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
I have a Smith Enterprises mount/rings on my Super Match and a ARMS mount with detachable rings on my Scout/Squad.
Both are solid mounts;
The ARMS mount has the advantage of when the rings/scope is removed you can still see your irons, also isn't so high that you can't get a decent cheek weld to the stock.
The Smith is solid and heavy, which isn't really an issue on the Super Match has it already weights a ton. It is high enough that you will need a stock riser/cheek pad to get a solid cheek weld.
Another great choice would be the Sadlak mount, I don't have one but several of the guys I shoot with use have them. They also require a stock riser/cheek pad.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 2350 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greygrouse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dekker,
I appreciate you mentioning a weight factor. I also have to do serious recoil reduction (according to my orthopedic surgeon) so added weight is actually a plus.
I don't compete in high power, but still want to wring all the accuracy I can from my guns - a friend commented "if you want to see how accurate your guns are... have someone ELSE shoot them!!!"... putz!
I'll look into them, and thanks again.
Mike

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority

Posts: 780 | Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post