Specialty Pistols
Scope mount for Springfield M1A

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7551081472/m/9930040107

November 03, 2021, 03:43 PM
Greygrouse
Scope mount for Springfield M1A
Lads,
I'm at that point where iron sights are more the visual texture of a Q-tip.
Soooo... I'm looking for a good, no-drill scope mount for my M1A. If you've had any experience w/same, please let me know - good or bad.
Thanks,
Mike

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority
November 04, 2021, 12:12 AM
Dekker
I have a Smith Enterprises mount/rings on my Super Match and a ARMS mount with detachable rings on my Scout/Squad.
Both are solid mounts;
The ARMS mount has the advantage of when the rings/scope is removed you can still see your irons, also isn't so high that you can't get a decent cheek weld to the stock.
The Smith is solid and heavy, which isn't really an issue on the Super Match has it already weights a ton. It is high enough that you will need a stock riser/cheek pad to get a solid cheek weld.
Another great choice would be the Sadlak mount, I don't have one but several of the guys I shoot with use have them. They also require a stock riser/cheek pad.

Hope this helps.
November 10, 2021, 09:04 PM
Greygrouse
Thanks Dekker,
I appreciate you mentioning a weight factor. I also have to do serious recoil reduction (according to my orthopedic surgeon) so added weight is actually a plus.
I don't compete in high power, but still want to wring all the accuracy I can from my guns - a friend commented "if you want to see how accurate your guns are... have someone ELSE shoot them!!!"... putz!
I'll look into them, and thanks again.
Mike

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority