Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR 15 build Login/Join 

Picture of planfixr
posted
I want to build an AR, wondering what you guys would recommend for a lower and upper. Don't want to break the bank so looking for something for a good price and quality. I know you get what you pay fore. Thanks for any help.

Steve

Posts: 757 | Location: Haymarket Virginia | Registered: August 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Inexpensive but quality, I'd recommend Palmetto State Armory (PSA) for both halves in stripped if your wanting to build.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18877 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Aero Precision and Anderson are also good "budget" lowers and uppers.

LPKs from PSA or CMMG.

Mike B.

1st Toadie and Captain of the Lemming Guard

Posts: 1628 | Location: Missouri | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
I have a matched set, upper and lower, from Aero Precision that I am in the process builing upon. Real nice quality that I paid $115 for the set a year or so ago on sale. I'd put them above budget status. Anderson indeed are cheaper, but have been known to have issues on occasion.

Got my LPK from Tom's Tactical. Small parts and other miscellaneous from JSE Surplus and Rousch Sports

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I will check their web sights.

Posts: 757 | Location: Haymarket Virginia | Registered: August 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TScottW55
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Aero Percision Gen 2 lowers. They have a tension screw to tighten any wobble between the upper and lowe.

Also, the Gen 1s are on sale at quiet a few places.

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 186 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of snowsnake
posted Hide Post
Ill put another vote in for Aero Precision. Picked up one of there gen2 lowers late last year along with there stripped upper. Fit together really well and the quality of the parts seems really good. I compared the Aero lower to my Bushmaster and it made the Bushmaster look like a factory second.

Posts: 216 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check out Spikes Tactical's web sight. I'm in process of putting one together using their upper/lower that I picked up. Been a slow build since I'm retired and have to save a long time to buy parts

Darryl

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Posts: 3253 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of planfixr
posted Hide Post
Darryl that Spikes looks very nice. Had a gun show this past weak end picked up an Aero Lower at a good price. A lot of the dealers were out of the lower priced lowers. Let the building begin. thumbup

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Spikes is good stuff. Their billet receivers are second to no one, imho. I've also used their forged receivers and there's nothing wrong with them either. I haven't had a problem with any of their products...

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18877 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post