Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about a Howa Rifle Login/Join 

posted
I have a Howa rifle for my Grandson, He loves it Big Grin and I am getting to like it more, (being an Encore, and Rem.700 Fan) it's light has a good fit (at least I think so) and so does my grandson.. It is chambered in 204 and perfect for him..

So my question for you guys is, There any Way to CHANGE **OR** MODIFY the magazine release, on this?? The one I have just a slight bump on it and the clip falls out.. Mad Not ever having a Howa rifle I am wandering if factory has changed it, or if any of you guys have. Any help would Great!!!

Thanks !! Alan ><>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cometcat57,

Posts: 733 | Location: Southeastern Washington St. | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wish Howa would have never went to that mag release they are currently using...for the reason you already mentioned. They only thing you can really do is take a dremel tool and shorten up the release tab. Leave just enough so your finger can get a good purchase on it and release the mag. That helped decrease a lot of the accidental mag releases for me. I've emailed Howa several times about the poor design, but I don't think they'll change it any time soon.

Posts: 506 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FyrepowrX
posted Hide Post
dropped the mag so often out of mine, i wrapped the base of the mag in reflector tape to make it easier to find WHEN...not "if" it gets lost.

shorten the mag release tab...it will help.

=================================

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."
Groucho Marx

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Posts: 7213 | Location: North-Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys I'll Shorten that today!!!!! scratch head

Alan ><>

Posts: 733 | Location: Southeastern Washington St. | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post