Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

montana or kimber Login/Join 

Picture of tdoyka
posted
the next rifle i buy will probably laugh be the last one. i have decided that it will be a 257 roberts. the 257 bob will be my deer gun. the furthest shot i will take will be 300-325 yards. but its more like under 100 yards. i'm planning on using a 117gr hornady sst or 100gr barnes ttsx.

i can choose one of the three.

1. build my own using a 98 mauser( or 98 variety). i can build my own(meaning my gunsmith) but i don't "want" to do it.

2. kimber classic ( http://www.kimberamerica.com/classic-select-grade )

3. montana asr ( http://montanarifleco.com/?page_id=149 )

what do you choose? and why?

thanks!!!

Tears on a river
Push on a shove
It don't mean much
Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice
As a dead man's touch
Whisper on a scream
Doesn't change a thing
Doesn't bring you back
Blue on black
-KWS

Posts: 1583 | Location: windber, pa | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My last rifle will also be a 257 Roberts but will either be a Ruger 1 or a Winchester Featherweight.Id go with the Montana Rifle myself.

Posts: 1118 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Well we all know the BoB is a great round for deer size animals. That said if I had to choose one I would go with the Montana. I have had some friends that have had them over the years and they loved them. I would make a vote for the Model 70 in the 257 Roberts. I have one and love it. Let us know what you get.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2378 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Montana. It's a little heavier, but overall I think it's a better quality rifle.

The three Kimbers I've been around in the past were 2-2.5" guns after lots of load development. One was a .257 Rob.

Posts: 509 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
well a montana it is!!!!

now i've got to save up some money.

change?....does anyone have some change?.....change?.... whine

laugh

Tears on a river
Push on a shove
It don't mean much
Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice
As a dead man's touch
Whisper on a scream
Doesn't change a thing
Doesn't bring you back
Blue on black
-KWS

Posts: 1583 | Location: windber, pa | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post