Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally finished my 6.8 Login/Join 

Picture of snowsnake
posted
Well it took me 2 years of slowly collecting the parts but I finally got the 6.8 finished. Used an ARP 18" barrel and Aero Precision lower and upper. 5 shots had the gas block dialed in, next range trip will be to sight in. Definitely can tell a difference in the power vs a .223, looking forward to trying it on some deer and maybe a groundhog or 10. These ARs are a blast to assemble and its addictive too!

Posts: 216 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Congrat's. I built a 223 last year. Gonna do a 450 BM next. It is fun and rewarding to build your own.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Good for you, they are very enjoyable to build. I've built/rebuilt several myself and find it very rewarding when they're not only accurate but also reliable.

The only issue one might encounter is if you attempt to sell/trade to a shop. I've been witness to numerous people attempting to sell/trade an AR15 they've built only to be told the shop wont even take it in since its not factory built. I wont likely ever be attempting to sell to a shop but if that's a potential for the prospective "builder", they might want to keep that in mind. Wink that said, I have sold a few via the auction sites as well as broken them up into parts and sold that way, too.

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18878 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of snowsnake
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only issue one might encounter is if you attempt to sell/trade to a shop. I've been witness to numerous people attempting to sell/trade an AR15 they've built only to be told the shop wont even take it in since its not factory built. I wont likely ever be attempting to sell to a shop but if that's a potential for the prospective "builder", they might want to keep that in mind. Wink that said, I have sold a few via the auction sites as well as broken them up into parts and sold that way, too.

Hopefully the day will never come that I have to trade or sell it, ill leave that up to my kids when I'm gone. What I find most appealing about building them is being able to do it "your way". Beats buying one then stripping half the parts off to replace them with something else.

Posts: 216 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more. I had a S&W M&P-15 that I'd used as a defensive gun for a number of years. It's been replaced by another AR15, that I built, so it became expendable. I had attempted to sell it at one point to no avail. So, when PA changed their hunting laws to allow semi autos, the decision was clear! Smile Long story short, I did end up replacing a pile of parts and now it's, more or less, my dream varmint rifle! While this wasn't the best way to go about it, it was fun creating an accurate varmint rifle from an otherwise mundane battle rifle. Wink

As with you, I've got no intention of selling any of them, God willing they'll be with me until I expire!

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18878 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post