Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Founding Fathers Armory Login/Join 

Picture of Jeff B.
posted
Well, since Mike helped me get started with the AR bug, I have decided to build my own. I have built my upper in 300 Whisper. And just the other day I received my lower from the above mentioned company. I got it thru Gunbroker. You guys really should check them out! Billet machined with 2 additions that they supply.......
Fit and finish rivals my "Jack" and with the one addition, I have a plain mil-spec trigger with zero creep and rivals the drop in triggers.

This post is just a thumbup for this company. Price is very good for a billet lower, and I highly recommend.

Posts: 9657 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, since Mike helped me get started with the AR bug,

I know the feeling Jeff, my son purchased one 3 years back and its been working on me since so last fall I just did it, I purchased a Bushmaster lower, it has a really nice trigger 4 1/2# with no creep then purchased an upper and built a 300BLK just a tad over 2 months ago. I owned a Colt back in the early 80's but just couldn't get interested in it and let it go in the early 90's, I really like the 300 BLK over the 223 though. Soooooo I have purchased another lower, upper and bolt to build another in pistol configuration this time. Maybe later then have it SBR'ed, I like the thought of a 10 or 10 1/2" barrel with my can attached.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10174 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They are a bit more fun when you build it your self to what ever plan you have. Spent a year on a .223 pistol, trying to build it as cheap as possible, got it done for $398-. Also have an AR10 .308 with walnut and hyd buffer under $800-

Posts: 2068 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post