Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Tac14 Shotgun? Login/Join 

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
Not really in the right forum, but it doesn't fit in any here, but im curious if anyone here has acquired one? As a kid, short barreled shotguns were always on the wish list so I've had an eye on them since they were introduced. I really want choke tubes but so far big green isn't offering them. Emailed my "threading guy" about cutting the barrel for tubes, might just be an option.

So, if you got one, you like it?

Any accessories you've added you'd recommend?

Just a flat out blast to shoot?

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
My brother and I made a short barreled shotgun out of an old single shot when we were in our teens. Didn't realize we were breaking any laws at the time. We used to carry it on snowmobile for rabbits. Was a handful to say the least. I see that one of the manufacturers is offering one of these new units in 20 gauge which has more appeal to me.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Cool A 20ga would be a bit more manageable but for it's intended use, downloaded 12g shells aren't bad. Even at 1100 fps, any buckshot at close range will make for a big ouchie on the receiving end. My bro had a pachmayer pistol grip kit for his 870 and that was a handfull with full house 00 buck. It just plain hurt but that grip is pretty straight. If the end of the bbl is thick enough you should be able to thread for chokes, and lengthening the forcing cone will help patterns plus take some of the bite out of the recoil.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4565 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have one in 12 gauge and added a side saddle with six extra rounds, tape on both the grip and forend, as well as the strap. I like the way I have it tricked out and it makes a formidable truck gun. Reduced recoil buckshot and slugs are the way to go in my opinion, although I'll shoot regular buckshot in it. The only rounds I won't shoot through it are 1 ounce slugs at 1,600 fps.

Posts: 3 | Location: Mississippi  | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
In PA it's been classified as a pistol so you can actually carry one in your vehicle loaded.

Not sure why I want one other than who doesn't like short barreled shotguns! laugh

mike

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We had a customer order a TAC 14 in 12 gauge.
I fired it once, enough for me.
Just handling it I found it difficult to aim, a red dot may make it more useful.

M

Posts: 264 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
In PA it's been classified as a pistol so you can actually carry one in your vehicle loade

Not sure why I want one other than who doesn't like short barreled shotguns!

I fully support owning any firearm you want as long as you are a law abiding citizen. After too many years dealing with lawyers my concern with this type of weapon is, if you had to use it, what would an attorney argue?

====================

"Preach the Gospel. Even use words if you have to."

Posts: 1895 | Location: SW MO | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jakerudy:
quote:
In PA it's been classified as a pistol so you can actually carry one in your vehicle loade

Not sure why I want one other than who doesn't like short barreled shotguns!

I fully support owning any firearm you want as long as you are a law abiding citizen. After too many years dealing with lawyers my concern with this type of weapon is, if you had to use it, what would an attorney argue?

I don't see any problems. It is a legal firearm. I hear these worries about using handloads for self defense, another non-issue, IMO

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I picked up a used Mossberg Shockwave in 12ga. I added the adapter for the short Aquila shells. It holds 9 of them and it is much more pleasant to shoot than with 2 3/4" shells.
I have no real use for it, but the price was right, so I bought it.

kware

Posts: 178 | Location: Western Missouri | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Well, an opportunity came up for a nib Marine Magnum at a very affordable price, like $150 under dealer price, so I couldn't resist. Next step will be to have the choke tubes installed in the barrel so I can run my Salvo on it. Should be a fun play toy! Wink

mike

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I'm also thinking that it would be a good backpack gun while coyote hunting. I pretty much hunt alone and packing in two full size guns isn't really an option, hopefully, this will be a small enuf package I can stuff it in the backpack and drag it along for that dog that pops up too close for the center fire.

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
Well, an opportunity came up for a nib Marine Magnum at a very affordable price, like $150 under dealer price, so I couldn't resist. Next step will be to have the choke tubes installed in the barrel so I can run my Salvo on it. Should be a fun play toy! Wink

Do not know exactly your price, but these are $585ish on GB.....so good steal. I want one!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1423 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:

Do not know exactly your price, but these are $585ish on GB.....so good steal. I want one!
There's still one on gb for a hundred less than that...

mike

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Must have missed it first time thru.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1423 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today, got it picked up and the barrel dropped off for choke tubes. Also ordered the Salvo choke tube, hopefully I'll have it back by this weekend! Should be a real quiet blast! Big Grin

mike

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Let me know the perceived recoil.

----------------------
I am that idiot.