Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Long Ranger? Login/Join 

posted
Hello All
Looking for any feedback folks might have on the Henry Long Ranger. I've always been partial to lever guns but disappointed in 1) accuracy and 2) tube magazines. Realizing that there there are several options for mag fed lever action, I didn't hear much about accuracy potential in those platforms and never investigated deeply. I have been seeing some reviews of the Henry offering where folks who bench it and shoot off bags seem to get good sub MOA accuracy. Does anyone here have any experiences they can share? I am probably looking at the 6.5CM offering as 308 seems like a handful for an afternoon of shooting in that platform and 243 lacks the heavy bullet options although I could reload the 308 to suite my needs.
Thanks!
karl

Posts: 92 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greygrouse
posted Hide Post
Karl,
Shot a 358Win in a Browning Lever Rifle for many years. Accurate (well, w/in the 100yd max shots I could take) dependable, portable - but too powerful for my shoulders now.
Haven't had a chance to see a Henry in person, however, they look as butt-ugly as the Brownings laugh, But I'd consider one in 243 for my purposes.
Brownings are more expensive now, and Henry's aren't WalMart priced either. If the Henry is as good as the Browning at that price, I'd look closer.
If you get one, keep us posted.

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority

Posts: 724 | Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post