Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apache Machine Twins Login/Join 

posted
Just took receipt of the last of the twins from Apache Machine

Gun in foreground - the Speedy Creedy: Krieger barreled 6mm Creedmoor on a Surgeon, Robar NP3 treated bolt, TBAC brake

Background "trainer" - Kreiger barreled 223AI on a trued Rem 700, PTG spiral bolt, Defiance external bolt release installed, TBAC brake
(I shoulda built one of these a LONG time ago. So. Much. Fun.)

Fireforming loads with the 223 AI with Sierra 77 SMK seconds and random load of TAC shoot easily under 0.3". No recoil, and watching splatter marks appear on steel at distance.

happy

Thanks again Steve!!!

Posts: 604 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Very cool! bowdown

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2359 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I've got to admit, the Creedmoor case has my interest lately...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18877 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
Wicked cool. I'm very excited to get my Apache build under way. Hopefully my Kreiger barrel should be arriving at Apache in the very near future. What twist is the 223 AI?

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

G99, 1 in 8 twist for shooting the 75/77/80 grainers. I thought about doing a 7 twist, but realized the 90's may be too much of a good thing...

Posts: 604 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup very nice
Nmhunter

Posts: 4507 | Location: Goodyear, AZ, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SC,
Those are some great looking rigs thumbup
The 6 Creed is becoming quite popular.

Go wear those beauties out Big Grin

-Mike

Posts: 2286 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
40x,

I have a couple spare barrels to spin up for the 6 Creed, but hopefully the 223AI will make the current one last a bit longer Wink

posted Hide Post
Awesome DT!

I love my Apache rigs and can't wait to see the next one!

Posts: 501 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post