Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry in 327 FM Login/Join 

Picture of Duffy
posted
I wrote a note to Henry asking if a lever rifle in 327 might be in the works and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your interest in Henry Repeating Arms. We certainly appreciate it. Yes we will make a 327 in 2017 in both the classic Henry Big Boy and the Henry Big Boy Steel. Sign up for our free catalog and opt in for our occasional email and we will keep you posted.

Sincerely,
Anthony Imperato
President
Henry Repeating Arms

Will be a nifty little rifle to go along with the Single Seven! Should be a pretty flat shooting out of a rifle if the ballistics hold true as to the vel shown on ballistics by the inch.

------------------------------

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4565 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That would be a nice caliber to have. Henry continues to make some really cool products. Thanks for sharing!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2358 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
DUFFY
I dont know how you are but for me doesnt that make you want to support them all that much more. Not that you dont already but myself I own 4 of there rifles. Where else can you email the president of a company and get an answer. I dont currently own a 327 but I might now. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
Yes you can say I have always been Red White and Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Al,
It certainly does make me want to support them. He also had gotten back to me in only a day. How do your Henry shoot? Out of my Single Seven the 327 is pretty accurate with the right load and should be pretty darn good out of a rifle. Should be able to shoot 32 H&R's also. Good rockchuck gun. The 327 is a fun round and this may be just the extra push to make it more popular.

Ryan

Posts: 4565 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Duffy
He did the same for me when I recently questioned him about the 41 mag in the carbine and a 38-55 chambering. I recently bought a 45 colt in the carbine and Im totally impressed with how well it shoots. For me 10.2 grains of HS-6 and a 250 rnfp from Missouri cast and its really accurate.I also have the Frontier model in 22lr really like the octogon barrel, a Big Boy in 357 and the 41 mag in the BBS. Ive looked at 327 several times but never pulled the trigger on one. I think a levergun in that caliber will sell well I have seen alot of people asking for that caliber on other forums. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are the internals of the center fire different than their rim fires?
I am curious as the rim fire is a different animal as anything I have ever seen design wise.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was G1!

Posts: 2718 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Jsh
There set up real simliar to a Marlin. They have a bolt thats held in by the lever. Just remove the lever pivot screw and pull the bolt out of the rear of the receiver. There easy to clean. Some people have a hangup with the fact that there tube feed. I guess if thats your preference so be it. I persoanlly just like leverguns and the tube doesnt bother me. The original Henry was also a tube feed. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I've been tempted to buy the current 41 mag but I think I'll wait for the carbine coming out next year.

I'm glad to see they're doing well. It's nice to see they're willing to chamber cartridges out of the norm.

I also have yet to hear about quality issues. Most all the stuff I've read from owners has been overwhelmingly positive. Anytime there's been an issue with breakage, either from use or from operator error, they've taken care of it quickly. What's not to like about that?

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I can't wait until this one comes out. It should be a nice little bunny blaster with lighter cast reloads. Way to go Henry.

Mike

Posts: 85 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
I've been tempted to buy the current 41 mag but I think I'll wait for the carbine coming out next year.

I'm glad to see they're doing well. It's nice to see they're willing to chamber cartridges out of the norm.

I also have yet to hear about quality issues. Most all the stuff I've read from owners has been overwhelmingly positive. Anytime there's been an issue with breakage, either from use or from operator error, they've taken care of it quickly. What's not to like about that?

I personally know a guy who had one of their 22's and he coon hunted with it for about 10 years and this past fall he fell on the gun and tore the barrel out of the receiver. Long story short he sent the gun in and got a brand new gun back in 2 weeks. I was very impressed to say the least!

Posts: 304 | Location: Indiana | Registered: October 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i have my local dealer getting me one of these as soon as they hit the wholesalers list . I can hardly wait . It will compliment my Single 7 nicely

Posts: 128 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A Henry in 327 would be fun. I understand they have 0.312in barrels so ammo for the Single Seven can be used.

Thanks,
Bill
Idaho

Posts: 25 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
That was one of the details that I made when I asked about them making one. I know there were others that had requested one in 327 and this company seems to listen. Now I need to decide on the Std or carbine. nuts

Ryan

posted Hide Post
Saw a much older post about 41magnum Marlins and how much money they bring cry
Started looking at Henry and am very pleased that they have taken the leap of faith and produce what has been asked for,I find this very refreshing.I think I will get a 327 and a 41 mag to show my support,who knows where it will stop. Big Grin
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 569 | Location: Castle Rock Colorado | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post