Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR10 Login/Join 

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted
I have read that AR10 bolt and barrel type have to match. Are AR10 upper and lowers interchangeable?

Thanks,
Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006

Posts: 3520 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
The uppers are the same, the bolt and barrels both must be either Gen. 1 or Generation 2.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10187 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
That is correct, there is AR-10 and DPMS. Whichever barrel you go with, you need to go with the same bolt. One will work with the other but one won't, I cant remember which is compatible.

Same goes for handguards. There's AR-10 and DPMS. They are different receiver heights. You CAN use either barrel/bolt combo with either receiver, that doesn't matter but you do have to match the handguard with the receiver.

As to lowers, in this platform, I would buy both from the same mfg, if possible. While they should be interchangeable, you might find they don't match up well if you use different brands.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18917 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! I had forgot about the Gen1 and Gen2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006

Posts: 3520 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post