Specialty Pistols
AR10

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7551081472/m/4090092096

February 25, 2018, 06:25 PM
Lone Hunter
AR10
I have read that AR10 bolt and barrel type have to match. Are AR10 upper and lowers interchangeable?

Thanks,
Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006
February 25, 2018, 06:29 PM
HotRodAl
The uppers are the same, the bolt and barrels both must be either Gen. 1 or Generation 2.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
February 25, 2018, 07:16 PM
Magnum Mike
That is correct, there is AR-10 and DPMS. Whichever barrel you go with, you need to go with the same bolt. One will work with the other but one won't, I cant remember which is compatible.

Same goes for handguards. There's AR-10 and DPMS. They are different receiver heights. You CAN use either barrel/bolt combo with either receiver, that doesn't matter but you do have to match the handguard with the receiver.

As to lowers, in this platform, I would buy both from the same mfg, if possible. While they should be interchangeable, you might find they don't match up well if you use different brands.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

February 26, 2018, 07:17 PM
Lone Hunter
Thanks for the info! I had forgot about the Gen1 and Gen2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006