Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Rifle in 41 Mag. Login/Join 

Picture of Dekker
posted
I just saw this, did anyone know Henry was producing a 41 mag lever gun? I gave Lipsey's a call and they said they are sold out.
Lipsey's Henry 41 Mag.

Posts: 2329 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I had heard rumors but none were confirmed. Glad to see my favorite cartridge still getting some attention.

I'm likely going to build a 414 Super Mag off a Marlin 336. Big Grin Everyone can always use another 41 caliber lever gun. Smile

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
I have been emailing the president of Henry for about 4 months asking him if they might be considering a run of 41 mag. He emailed back and told me they were thinking about doing a short run of them in 2016. I then emailed him again about 3 weeks ago asking him if the caliber would be considered in the big boy carbine and his reply was check it out in March when the new models come out. I for one can't wait till March because I want one. Just bought a carbine in 45 colt and I love it. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
Yes you can say I have always been Red White and Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he's out of touch with production. nuts You going to end up with one, Al?

mike

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Im going to try Mike but I didn't realize that it would be a Lipseys deal. I am led to believe they will offer it in other models in there own catalog line by the way the email was written. Pure speculation on my part it wasn't stated that way. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member
A man can never have to much red wine to many good books or to much ammunition Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 663 | Location: Greeley,Co | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Get the one from Lipseys. Shoots 357s and 38s too.
Thats what it says in the link above anyway..... punch

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1923 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggy357:
Get the one from Lipseys. Shoots 357s and 38s too.
Thats what it says in the link above anyway..... punch
laugh

mike

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Thank you for collecting our rifles. The 41 Mag is not out as yet and not sold out. The model number is H012M41. Get on order with Lipseys. If you need help I will assist further.

Sincerely,
Anthony Imperato
President
Henry Repeating Arms, Co.

Got this back today from Anthony. I have my local gun club on the hunt so will see what comes up Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Cool

Not many companies that the president will respond to you directly.

mike

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see them make one in 327 Fed Mag. Think that would make one heck of a fun small game cart in a lever rifle. Guess I need to send them an email. Wink

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4565 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
Cool

Not many companies that the president will respond to you directly.

I once sent a gun back to Henry with a number off in the zip code. I contacted Anthony who put me thru to one of his receiving people as the gun was sitting in a post office not far from the factory. The receiving clerk sent someone to that post office and picked up my gun and then they fixed it returning it about 2 weeks later. There nothing but first class in my book and they do make a good lever gun. Some guys don't like the tube feed for one reason or another but I personally don't have anything against the tube or the side gate. I like the Henrys and I will own another Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
I just saw this on another forum...really wish they had made the 16.5" Trapper in .41 also as I have two of the 20" Marlins...but who knows if enough people buy the 20" then maybe they will add .41 to the Trapper line...

This may put the hurt on Marlin 1894 .41 Magnum prices...which now start at $1200 and work their way up...

Bob

Posts: 30 | Location: Rochester, NH | Registered: September 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
I wish they would have made it in the brass model instead of the steel but I have handled the steel and its a good feeling gun. I have one on order. I do like the carbine model also just bought one in 45 colt and its a shooter for sure. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
Had an email back from Henry...no 16.5" guns at this time but the big-loop lever is available as an accessory....

Personally I would like the 16.5" with a standard lever...

Bob

Posts: 30 | Location: Rochester, NH | Registered: September 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Mine is in at the gun store I pick it up this Saturday. I can't wait. Al happy

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Wellll, that means we'll have a range report on Monday! Big Grin

Ryan

Posts: 4565 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Monday h*ll it will be shot before it leaves the gun store. Gun store also has 25 place indoor range. Its only 25 yards but when a new gun comes that works. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
How ya like that lever gun Al?

mike

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Mike
I like it alot. Still need to do a little load development with it but I did find one load it likes a lot. Im pretty good friends with the gun club owner and he was like a hawk looking for one for me. I feel lucky to have snagged one so quickly. Even though in some peoples minds lever guns need the side gate for loading rather than the tube feed I have no issue with a tube fed levergun. I have 4 Henrys now and love all of them. I also have a Marlin 336 cowboy in 38-55 that I like a lot to. I hope the 41 stays alive at Henry and they come out with one in there carbine model. I have a 45 colt in the big boy carbine and its a hoot to shoot. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
May have to start saving up for one of these. Love the 41 mag.

Big Al, I sent you an email.

Joe
41 Blackhawk, 41 Redhawk, Smith 57, Freedom Silhouette model 83 (2 time IHMSA World Champion), Marlin 1894FG

Standing is the reason I get out of bed in the morning. (Handgun Silhouette)

Posts: 508 | Location: Sweet Home, OR | Registered: April 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Pictures and targets! We wanna see!! happy

Ryan

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Duffy
The next time I get it out I will post some. I figured that was coming when I saw a post from Duffy here. Not enuf time for all this fun anymore. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Just ribbing ya Al. laugh And I know what you mean about no time for fun. I thought a guy was suppose to have more time to play as he got older.......cry

Ryan

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Its suppose to be nice here this saturday and I hope to get out to the grasslands to do some muzzleloader shooting and I have some loads I want to run thru the 41. If that all takes place Duffy I will post a pic of some targets. You outside of Odessa very far. May take a ride thru your country this June on the motorcycle. Sister lives over around Kent, Wash. I was born in Bellingham. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
I'm about half way between Odessa and I-90 in the middle of nowhere. laugh My bro is over there in Edmonds but is moving back over here to get away from the Left Coast. Said it's getting too expensive and crazy over there.

Ryan

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
Aint nothin wrong with the middle of no where. Left coast has a lot of libturds also. I use to hunt royal city othello area when I was a kid. Scootney reservoir. Shot a bunch of pheasants down there. Been many years ago. My mother is buried in college place just outside of walla walla. Been in Colorado since 1971 its ok here but to many people now and the political direction has mirrored commiefornia. I will give u a heads up should my trip get to the final stages of departure. Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Don't know how long it's been since you've been through Othello but the place has grown. They even have a Wal-Mart! laugh But you better brush up on your spanish cuz you'll think your south of the border. Roosters are sort of a rare commodity but they are trying to make a comeback. The state does releases but usually the hunters (slob hunters) follow the truck and pick them off. Lot's of potatoes, corn, onions and carrots grown down that area. Sad to hear that about Colorado. It seems like the libs are more like a disease cause they move in and screw everything up. Need to invent some sort of spray for them.devil There's a bunch of them that migrate over here from Seattle and then try and tell us that we're running our small town all wrong. I just tell them we don't need their help and that if they don't like it here to go back over the mountains. Anyway June can get kind of busy for me but keep in touch and we'll see what happens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Duffy,

Ryan

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Here's an article that includes the Henry. Seems like it is really a shooter! http://www.americanrifleman.or...1-rem-mag-cartridge/

mike

Picture of BigAl52
posted Hide Post
I just emailed Henry again today. Really how many companies can you email the top brass and get an answer to your questions. I cant help but want to support a comany like this they are first class in my book. I inquired about the 41 mag in a carbine model and there big boy brass model. Both coming out second quater of 2017. I have a carbine model Henry in 45 colt and I love the way those handle. I also asked about a 38-55> Theres one coming in the third quarter of 2017. I cant wait for the carbine model of the 41. I have a space reserved for one now. happy Al

My hairs turnin White
My necks always been Red
My collar is still Blue
NRA Life Member

Picture of BS
posted Hide Post
March 2017 the carbines come out Brass and Steel!

Posts: 80 | Location: MI | Registered: November 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BS:
March 2017 the carbines come out Brass and Steel!
Oh, great! Slap_Forehead

mike

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Found a Henry .41 today at a local shop. Big Boy, I think, steel.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post