Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non NFA SBR Login/Join 

Picture of HotRodAl
posted
Has anyone seen this, Franklin Armory has produced a non NFA SBR, Reformation RS7 and RS11 in 5.56 and 300 BLK.

http://www.reformationfirearms.com/services.html

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10173 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
From what I have read ATF has approved it.

Albert
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10173 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
They also approved bump stocks

———————————————-
Bayside Custom Gunworks
(307) 746-9740
www.baysidecustomgunworks.net

Accuracy is final.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't see how it's that different from the shockwave etc shorty shotgun concepts. I'm guessing it's main point is having a butt stock rather than an arm brace. Honestly, I surprised by the mixed bag of things making it through the ATF review process. Things like this are making it through OK but the 50 BMG AR15 uppers have all been pulled this year for review. Bump stocks are out. It could be almost anything approved or not on any given day. My hope is that someday I can put together a short barreled rifle with suppressor for hunting with no permits or tax stamps needed.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud... but if something like this can pass, what are the chances of a 12-14" barrel Contender or Encore with buttstock passing as a non NFA item?

Posts: 1470 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
Just thinking out loud... but if something like this can pass, what are the chances of a 12-14" barrel Contender or Encore with buttstock passing as a non NFA item?

This beats the rifle definition since it has strait groves. Not rifling.

———————————————-
Bayside Custom Gunworks
(307) 746-9740
www.baysidecustomgunworks.net

Accuracy is final.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I missed that part of it.

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
No that ATF has stated that it is okay to shoulder a pistol brace I fail to see the need for having to use special bullets to overcome the lack of rifling.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
Pistol brace a contender or encore pistol...

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I do understand that laws and policies etc don't have to make sense... but, how is a normal person supposed to juggle this information while also being able to explain to LEO at the shooting range or wherever that eveything is OK and not end up in handcuffs?

So at this point in this discussion, if I were to put my 4" long 45/70 barrel on a Contender frame along with an AR adapter stock and a pistol brace which is different than a stock but can still be rested on my shoulder...

Is it a pistol?
Is it a nonNFA SBR?
Would it matter to anyone but me?

Short Rant: This is stupid. What's the point of the NFA?

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it a pistol?
Yes, it's a pistol. I can't say that you couldn't have a potential issue with an LE but most braces state right on them "pistol brace", at least the KAK Shockwave I use does. Some guys print the ruling document and keep it in their pistol case just in case.

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post