Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 1894 cst Login/Join 

Picture of moe
posted
I got one a few weeks ago. Never had a lever before. It is a sweet shooter but kind of hard to load. Is this typical with Marlins?

Posts: 1916 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Paul what caliber Marlin 1894 did you get? Not familiar with cst. Have several and if your talking about loading the magazine through the loading gate yes that can be a little difficult. Tell us more, I have Marlin 94's in 218 bee, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 41 mag and 45 colt. Would love the 32H&R Mag but too steep for me.

Rick

Posts: 2979 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Hi Rick, it is a SS version carbine with synthetic stock, threaded barrel, large loop, and, my favorite part, ghost ring sight which I can easily see, plus the target, at the same time in 357 mag. It is super smooth and very accurate. Just difficult to load which I think will get easier with more rounds. Was wanting a Henry but this came up and I liked it. The Henry sight location was hard for these old eyes to focus on. Google 1894 CST and it will come up.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Was out again today, still hard to load with semi jacketed rounds. I have some XTP's loaded but did not bring them today. It's my first lever gun and very accurate and fun to shoot.

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
"Hard to load", meaning the loading gate or the lever/action? If it's the latter you might want to call marlin.

That's definitely a great little lever gun and I hope they continue coming up with these unique configurations. At some point I'm sure they'll create one that I'll want. laugh

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 18875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Loading gate. Chambering/action is super smooth.

posted Hide Post
Moe, try leaving the rim barely out of the magazine tube with the loading gate depressed when loading the magazine tube. The gate will catch and hold the round until you push it in with the next round, again leaving the second round slightly out of the tube for the gate to hold in place. Repeat until the tube is full and you only have to fuss with the last round loaded to make sure it goes entirely into the tube. Let me know if this is not clear.

Regards, Steve

Posts: 133 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Steve thanks, I will try that next time out. Sounds like a simple fix!

Picture of snowsnake
posted Hide Post
Heres something else that you can do, https://www.rangerpointstore.c...ht-fast-easy-smooth/

Posts: 216 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Looks like others have had the same issue.

posted Hide Post
Moe, if you have not already, do an inspection tour at MarlinOwners.com . You will enjoy it. rp

Posts: 427 | Location: Stone Mtn Ga | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Paul,

saw this on another site. Never tried one and probably never will but it is an option. Who know if you try it and like it that may change.

Marlin Loading Gate Fix

Rick

Posts: 2979 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick, SnowSnake above linked me to that also. Looks like many have tried this with good luck. I think I will find a Marlin forum and see what they say.

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Duh, missed that. Did you watch the video? I really liked the part about being able to unload your gun through the loading gate instead of running all the live rounds through the action.

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
I did! Doing a little searching online about this issue. Others have problems loading also. A few knowledgeable folks have some interesting improvements.