Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Velocity AR Trigger Login/Join 

Picture of TScottW55
posted
Earlier I posted about my 6.8 AR build. Initially the build had a Daniel Defense trigger as it came with the Daniel Defense lower parts kit. The trigger had a pull of 10 pounds & 13 ounces on average of five pulls with my Lyman trigger scale.

I bought a Velocity 3 pound, single stage trigger this past week along with a KNS Precision anti-rotation pin set. I just installed the parts and man what a difference it makes. Not exactly 3 pounds, 4 pounds & 6 ounces on average of five pulls.

It doesn't feel like 4 pounds to me so I'm happy. Not sure why its over 4 pounds but it is clean and a world of difference. Especially considering the trigger was only $135, NIB.

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 186 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted Hide Post
Bet that will tighten your groups up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006

Posts: 3520 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Due to your post, I now have a Velocity trigger on the way. They certainly receive good reviews.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1375 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Years a go I put a Chip McCormic trigger in my AR and it was a WORLD of difference. Breaks like glass at 3 pounds and 2 oz.

Posts: 1070 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
My Bushmaster factory trigger breaks right at 72oz's 4.5lbs and its really crisp, really good trigger for a factory IMHO.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA

Posts: 10174 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Got the Velocity trigger in this week and finally got an afternoon without high winds to try it out today. Very crisp! And the installation was a breeze. Thanks for mentioning the Velocity. It is a great upgrade from the stock unit at a reasonable price.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1375 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TScottW55
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BT:
Got the Velocity trigger in this week and finally got an afternoon without high winds to try it out today. Very crisp! And the installation was a breeze. Thanks for mentioning the Velocity. It is a great upgrade from the stock unit at a reasonable price.

Glad you like it. I just mounted my scope, now I need to find time to hit the range.

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 186 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post