Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Cisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Vanguard S2 Login/Join 

Picture of TScottW55
posted
This past weekend the president of my company texted and ask that I meet him at the local Sportsmen Warehouse the next day. He wanted some advise on a new firearm. This is not unusual as he has discussed gun purchases with me for years, prior to the companies inception.

I met him and thought it was weird that he had no clue what kind of weapon he wanted. After awhile of asking him questions and vice versa he finally said that he was there for me. I had joined the company full time back in August but stayed on as reserve officer at my old department until the day before the text. He wanted to give me a "bonus" for committing to the company 100%.

After being overwhelmed and looking at guns and trying to figure out what I would have bought next without this generous gift, I chose a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in 6.5 Creedmoor.

The Creedmoor has interested me since it was announced. I have no bolt actions in my arsenal so I thought the two would go well together. He also wanted me to pick out a scope so I chose a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 X 42. The rifle has a 24" barrel so I'm hoping I can find a nice load for shooting out a ways. I just need to order some mounts/rings for it and off to the range I'll go. I measured the trigger pull straight out of the box it was 3 pounds and 10 ounces. Almost half of my newest Encore frame's trigger Roll Eyes

I consider myself blessed everyday that I work for such a great company and group of folks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TScottW55,

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 186 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Cisco
posted Hide Post
quote:
I consider myself blessed everyday that I work for such a great company and group of folks.

Congrats on the riflegun!!!

Congrats for working where someone cares for you.
All my company cared about was if I showed up to put in a full day's work.

Posts: 2234 | Location: S Ms | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow that's amazing!!!! I have never even gotten a Christmas bonus. Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2358 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Cisco
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never even gotten a Christmas bonus.

Only Christmas bonus I ever got in over 40 years of working was 3 or 4 years ago when I did some part time contract work helping a friend. Got 100$.

Posts: 2234 | Location: S Ms | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
Now that's just cool. Nice to know you are appreciated. Are you a LEO? Sounds like you have an awesome bolt gun combo.

My buddy has a stainless Vanguard S2 in 270 Win and it has been a great rifle. The have pretty nice factory triggers like you mentioned. The only thing I can complain about is his gun has been pretty picky about handloads. They all shoot minute of deer no problem and he has killed deer and hogs with it at 200 yards plus, but we have yet to find a really good handload (sub-MOA). It does shoot the cheap blue box Federal 130gr load under an inch at 100 yards though...go figure.

I'm interested in how that scope does for you. I'm looking to get a scope in the hopefully not too distant future for a 7 Mag Encore rifle barrel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grendel99,

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TScottW55
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grendel99:
Now that's just cool. Nice to know you are appreciated. Are you a LEO? Sounds like you have an awesome bolt gun combo.

My buddy has a stainless Vanguard S2 in 270 Win and it has been a great rifle. The have pretty nice factory triggers like you mentioned. The only thing I can complain about is his gun has been pretty picky about handloads. They all shoot minute of deer no problem and he has killed deer and hogs with it at 200 yards plus, but we have yet to find a really good handload (sub-MOA). It does shoot the cheap blue box Federal 130gr load under an inch at 100 yards though...go figure.

I'm interested in how that scope does for you. I'm looking to get a scope in the hopefully not too distant future for a 7 Mag Encore rifle barrel.

I was LEO for 18 years. Worked for,a college department the last 16.

Once I hit the range I'll let you know. I bought a Diamondback HP 2-8 X 32 for my recent AR build. Need to mount both and hit the range.

----------------------------------
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 186 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post