Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bullet Casting & Swaging    Mold - 475 Caliber 325 grain SWC?

Moderators: Mark T
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mold - 475 Caliber 325 grain SWC? Login/Join 

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
Anyone aware of a 475 caliber mold in 325 grain, SWC profile, flat base?

I'm looking into a new project and I will want a mold as outlined above. I've seen a couple in the 295ish grain in SWC Keith style but was hoping for something a tad heavier. I'll coat them so no GC.

Thanks!

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19882 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
Accurate Molds will make you what ever you want. Since you plan to PC maybe get the lube grooves removed on that 295 for added weight. Just a thought.

Jules

Posts: 2976 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
Accurate Molds will make you what ever you want. Since you plan to PC maybe get the lube grooves removed on that 295 for added weight. Just a thought.
I didn't know they'd make it other than as shown. I do have an accurate mold but it was bought a long time ago and I don't remember much about them.

mike

Posts: 19882 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
quote:
I didn't know they'd make it other than as shown. I do have an accurate mold but it was bought a long time ago and I don't remember much about them.

He will make just about any design you want. Quick too.

Jules

Posts: 2976 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
quote:

Yep just email Tom what design you want and what changes you want made. He will get back with you on the new design number, look up the # in the catalog, if you like it, buy it. EASY PEASY

----------------------------------

Happiness is a target rich environment.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This sounds good from other comments on 475 Linebaugh....cant wait to see if it turns out. Should be fun.

-----------------------------------
Imagine That

Posts: 406 | Location: kansas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I emailed them, their reply:
quote:
Groove removal would add about 8 grains.

Naturally, the bullet can also be lengthened.

Keep in mind that weight is only an estimate, and the estimate is less accurate if I don't know what alloy you will be using.

This is a longer term project and I also need additional information before I can order a mold.

mike

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
This sounds good from other comments on 475 Linebaugh....cant wait to see if it turns out. Should be fun.
Forgot to add, this will be for a 475 Special. It'll run a 325 grain bullet about 1100 fps from the 5" barrel. Have to stick with around 325 gains to have the proper oal and not seated so deeply as to bulge the case.

mike

posted Hide Post
Accurate has these in stock.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/b...bullet=48-325P-D.png

NRA Life Member
HHI # 8053

"get busy living... or get busy dying"

Posts: 590 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe that I have a Lee mold in that weight.
You might check into that.
I normally use my 375 grain WFN-GC Mountain Mold to make my 480 Ruger bullets for my Super RedHawk.

Bob R

Posts: 331 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Toms a good and smart guy . Email him.

Posts: 467 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post