Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cartridge Collecting    44 Magnum 225 Grain HV Ammunition +P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 Magnum 225 Grain HV Ammunition +P Login/Join 

posted
Anyone ever tried some of this ammo?

https://bearcreekballistics.co...grain-hv-ammunition/

In my 44 Mag Encore and with Burris 3-12x scope, it would make it a 375-yard gun, maybe even 400-yard. At 400 yards it still has over 650 ft-lbs. It seems like a great solution for "straight wall cartridge" states.

Posts: 238 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but is the barrel of your Encore 22” long? Even out of the rifle barrel it has 4.5 feet of drop at 400 yards with a 200 yard zero. What is the minimum velocity for bullet expansion? A poorly expanded pointed bullet - even at 1100 fps - might not be the best killer, and tracking an animal starting 400 yards away.......

Posts: 907 | Location: Valley of the Sun | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoneStar:
Interesting, but is the barrel of your Encore 22” long? Even out of the rifle barrel it has 4.5 feet of drop at 400 yards with a 200 yard zero. What is the minimum velocity for bullet expansion? A poorly expanded pointed bullet - even at 1100 fps - might not be the best killer, and tracking an animal starting 400 yards away.......

I got two boxes and I will measure the speed in the next few days. I sent them the question for minimal speed for expansion. After reading your comment I realized that my initial question/post isn't precise, it will be good for 400 yards punching paper, and based on the info I get for minimal speed/energy needed for bullet expansion, I will then determine my maximum deer range.

Posts: 238 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post