Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Cartridge Login/Join 

Picture of Leupold Man
posted
I thought it would be fun for everyone to chime in on what is your favorite cartridge? I will start with 300wsm. I believe it is one of the most versatile rounds out there.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
22LR

ED

Posts: 468 | Location: Key Colony Beach, FL Keys | Registered: January 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
< My profile pic over there gives it away.

But, I have several other favorites like the 22 Hornet, 308 Win, 45-70, the... laugh

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19532 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
I'm finishing up sizing and prepping my brass shot from last year, if you go by numbers alone its going to be my 300 blackout, just a tad over 700 rounds fired last year from it, and that's from a single shot, bullets range from 125BT's, 165 Rem corlok's, 220 Hornady round noses and Sierra 200's.

Now that I have an AR in 300 blackout I'm sure the numbers will be greater. Big Grin Got to get it to the range and try out that new can, got 700 Hornady 150 fmj's going to load and see how they shoot.

Albert
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10561 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Judging by the many photos of critters that succumbed to my 7/08 Encore over the last 10 plus years, it is very obviously among my top faves.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1723 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
284 Winchester

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://sebrests-usa.com/
http://www.sebrests.com/
SP's by Bayside Custom Gunworks, Nine Run Gun, Aaron Alexander, Mac's Gunworks, and Holland's Gunsmithing

Posts: 12063 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The .22 has given me more hours of pleasure than all others.BUT i dearly love my .45 colt and my .308 and 6.5 etc.etc.etc.I like them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy

Posts: 357 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Crubear
posted Hide Post
22LR and Ruger 204

Posts: 533 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Which ever one i am shooting at the time! laugh

I like them all.

Sonny

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 763 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
I think for me it would be the good old .30-30 and it's AI version. I can shoot mild cast loads to full power hunting loads. While I have yet to stretch it that far on game, the numbers say it's an easy 300 yard deer killer and I know my Contenders will make it rough on steel that far out.

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2010 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
7mm Rem.saum in a HSP.

Posts: 803 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
6.5x284 Norma
( and then the 284 win) Big Grin
Nmhunter

Posts: 4530 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
For me it would be tough to beat the 22LR.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
You know it's funny we all probably started on the 22LR. It's a round I don't often shoot any more. I need to reintroduce myself to this great little round.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
.22 LR

Followed by 30-30 and then 375 jdj

Posts: 29 | Location: Fairfax, VA | Registered: May 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
243 AI and good old 30-06.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
30-40 krag and 444 marlin

Such as it is, the press has become the greatest power within the Western World, more powerful than the legislature, the executive and judiciary. One would like to ask; by whom has it been elected and to whom is it responsible?

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Posts: 1607 | Location: windber, pa | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Triple deuce, I've shot thousands of them...

Chris

Posts: 84 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: January 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
I guess the 22LR in anything. 30 Herrett in Contender.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
30/06

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3410 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is a very tough question as I really enjoy shooting all the cartridges that I have.Depending on what I’m After I really do like the 20VarTarg,but lately I’ve really been enjoying my 45 Colt.Too tough to pick just one Roll Eyes
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 607 | Location: Morrison Colorado | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
S.P.
6mmPPC, 7mmT/CU, 7mmBR,Rem.
Rifle
25-06, .308 Win.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 132 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mrmurl
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else here; I have too many favorites to list just one. The 22LR would just about have to be the ultimate favorite. When you start to pare it down to just one favorite, it really get tough to do. I would have to look at practicality I think over any thing else and that would bring me to the great old 22 Hornet, or for me right now it is the 221 Fireball. Can be loaded down to do the basic job of 22LR. Or loaded up and with diligent bullet placement will take anything on this continent. I it just fun to shoot. I could list a few more but I think will stick with just the two main choices.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and joyous New Year. Remember the reason for the season; Christ was born just to die for your sins.

Mr. Murl
NRA Life Member

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 413 | Location: Mid-Missouri "Lake Pomme De Teere" | Registered: November 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 730waters
posted Hide Post
My favorites are 25-06, 6.5x284 & 256 win mag and 6mm-06

NRA Patron Membeer

Posts: 74 | Location: Maryland | Registered: October 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Steve E
posted Hide Post
For me it's gotta be the 22 lr and then the 6.5 Grendel and the 357 Maxi.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 665 | Location: SEMO | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
7mm08 followed by 10mm

Posts: 51 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: March 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've had so many favorites. Currently 22LR and it's double (in size) 44 Mag.

Posts: 643 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Judging from my inventory you might think it's 44Spl/44Mag/44SuperMag for revolve and rifle, but my favorite is 45Colt for revolver, 45-70 for rifle, and 45ACP for semi-auto handgun. If I had to choose one for rifle and handgun, I'd choose 45 Colt (thinking revolver and lever action). I'm an iron-sight-only shooter, so I'm no longer into the 338RUM long-barreled and scoped sniper setup.

Posts: 953 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
22LR followed by 223Rem and 6mm TC/U, but the list goes on and on. Smile

Posts: 51 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post