Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl, KYODE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need butt-hook source Login/Join 

Picture of Greygrouse
posted
Lads,
Tis Fall in the UP, the leave are changing, frost is on the pumpkins and aside from hunting, thoughts turn to indoor bullseye shooting.
We shoot 25yd indoor 22 pistol (love my Scorpion), centerfire (custom 1911), rimfire offhand iron sight rifle (old Savage) and scope (new CZ 547 varminter).
When I shot serious 4 position 50' I had a custom 40X w/a Unertl 16x and loved it. That was a looong time ago.
So now, I'm looking for a butt-hook for my CZ, but can't find a source for accessories like that. Since it's offhand only, I don't use a cuff/sling, but the stock butt on the CZ doesn't give me a good shoulder weld. An adjustable butthook would truly help.
Any info on accessories like that would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority

Posts: 764 | Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Champion shooters supply or champions choice (one of these is shut down now). Target talk form, Pilkingtons. MEC use that as a start you need to dig a bit as I can't remember a web sight for them. Or type in Position rifle supplies. Mec is the main mfg of but hooks nowdays. Not real difficult to make your own as you are only shooting off hand so a lot of the adjustabilities are not needed. I made several of my own back in the day as funds were very tight ( 60's on) and I remember some beautiful all wood ones that guys had made. simplest form is a piece of flat stock say about 1/4" thick and a long bolt maybe 3/8" dia. have fun. Chris

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Most current hooks are designed for low recoil arms like air rifles and .22 rimfires. Try these.

https://www.gunmart.net/shooti...-universal-butt-hook

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Butt-Hook-Drilled.html

https://picclick.com/Aluminum-...54-382451227171.html

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greygrouse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lads
Found what I needed on E-Bay. But I'll keep these references in case it doesn't work out.
Sure miss the days when you could actually walk into a store (somewhere) and find what you needed.
Always good advice on this site!!
Mike

----------------------------
World's Foremost Authority

Posts: 764 | Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula | Registered: February 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post