Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Paper & All Other Target Shooting    First shooting of my first XP100 and the first shooting of the season

Moderators: HotRodAl, KYODE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First shooting of my first XP100 and the first shooting of the season Login/Join 

posted
The weather was finally great to go out and shoot. I mounted Burris 3-12x on my XP100 308 Win, which I purchased last fall but because of deer season (Ohio is a straight-wall state), I never got a chance to shot it. I brought other guns to shot, particularly my Encore 44 Mag that I plan to keep using for groundhogs.

Here are some results. The shooting was from the bench but using improvised rest. 100yards

XP100 performed really well with factory 150 grain Power Shok SP 308 Win

Trying to get some better 308 ammo, to see how will it perform. With this one measured 0.375"

Encore 44 mag was good as well, this is the group I got with the first 3 bullets I shot. The last time I shot that gun was early Dec, Ohio gun season 1. This time I used 200 grain Hornady XTP reloads that I reloaded with WVHitman in 2019.

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Very nice, both will do in a woodchuck without and question!

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19847 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Looks good! What muzzle brake is that on the Encore?

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leupold Man:
Looks good! What muzzle brake is that on the Encore?

It's a Witt machine clamp on muzzle brake. I bought it over a year and half ago when it was on sale, I think it was $65 or so. Not the most beautiful but definitely helps. They make it custom for your barrel. Diameter at muzzle and 1 1/2" from the muzzle (if I remember correctly) and caliber is what they need to finish it before shipping.
https://www.wittmachine.net/cu...on-muzzle-brake.html

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Better ammo for the .308 ? That thing is "Dialed" in my friend. I would go back and try to locate a few more boxes of that stuff. Nice shooting ! thumbup thumbup

Posts: 938 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa. Mike:
Better ammo for the .308 ? That thing is "Dialed" in my friend. I would go back and try to locate a few more boxes of that stuff. Nice shooting ! thumbup thumbup

I was thinking just to try with something else. But for sure that I am trying to get the same ammo, checking stores almost daily.

posted Hide Post
Nice
308 looks impressive. How much kick??

DAN

Posts: 740 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DAN L:
Nice
308 looks impressive. How much kick??

DAN

It isn't that bad kick I would say. Much less than my 30-06 encore. The only problem I have with it is that I don't like this stock because I can't have a decent two-hand grip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to get some better 308 ammo, to see how will it perform. With this one measured 0.375"???

Don't fix it if it ain't broke!!
Love those laminated stocks.
Love it better if it was a lefty.(I'am right handed)
That way, left hand stays in the thumb hole for pistol control while right hand works the bolt and feeds ammo.

Posts: 383 | Location: Northern California | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looking good.

Posts: 465 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post