Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl, KYODE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (used) Encore 30-06 Login/Join 

posted
I was on the market for a new barrel for my encore and found blued encore with 30-06 scoped (2-7x TC scope) barrel and two more barrels .308 and .410/45.
The deal was too good to pass it. I got it a few weeks ago and tried a few times but nothing serious.
Today I decided to go regardless it was drizzling. Cabin fever was hitting me.

I am pleased with the group I got at 100 yards, considering that I was using the cheapest Winchester 30-06 150gr power point that I bought in Walmart.

If I end up installing Burris 3-12x on it and get a muzzle brake and use some better ammo, I guess it will be even better.

Hopefully, the weather will get better in this part of Ohio so I can try it out with groundhogs.

Any advice on what muzzle brake would be good for it?

Mladen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: skydivinghunter,

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shootin'. That will turn them inside out! I think you would like the Burris 3-12 as well.

HHI #1173

Posts: 37 | Location: Ny | Registered: September 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Great shooting! I agree the 3-12 would help you some, but that's not bad!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leupold Man:
Great shooting! I agree the 3-12 would help you some, but that's not bad!!!

Thanks! The first 10-20 rounds it was not easy to be really precise but I am glad how fast I started being efficient handling that recoil. I definitely want to get muzzle brake for it and will probably take 3-12x from my 7-08 and put it on this one. That is just a thought but for now, I am good as is.

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any advice on what muzzle brake would be good for it?

I use the Burris 2 x 7 on my 30/06 Encore. Larger field of view makes it quicker to get on target for hurry up shots. I like the Burris 3 x 12 and have one on my 25/06 Encore, but the 2 x 7 fills the bill on the 30/06. I use a Magnaport on this gun in the Dual Traps configuration. It controls muzzle flip which is its purpose, and also tames some of the recoil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sawfish,

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3509 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post