Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: HotRodAl, KYODE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remembering Dean Grua (IHMSA80x80) Login/Join 

Picture of OneGoodShot
posted
Greetings all. It was 1 year ago today that Dean Grua (IHMSA80x80) passed. His wife, Marilyn, passed shortly after on April 22, 2021. Dean was a wealth of information and a great shooter. We traded lies and guns many times. He hosted several specialty pistol shoots at his local range in Kentucky and I got to meet many members of the forum there. He always joked that he was leaving his guns to my son Tyler. Turns out my son will be inheriting some of Deans guns after all. There were two auctions that sold his guns and I acquired many of his awesome firearms. I already picked up some from the first auction and plan on picking up the rest shortly. Although most have already been detailed by Dean in the past, I hope to figure out how to post pics again (been a few years since I posted) and share them with the shooting community.

------------------------------
I'm Ya Huckleberry
An armed man is a Citizen, an unarmed man is a Subject.

Posts: 2358 | Location: Wild Wonderful West Virginia | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Oh wow!
#1 i hadnt heard that his wife passed away also. I remember her posting and talking some about his death.
#2 it made me immediately wonder what happened to ALL his guns, since i can’t remember them having children.
Glad you are receiving some joe!

Any idea what happened to his wife?

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I didn't know she had died either.
Glad you will enjoy some of his guns. They were nice form what I remember.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Besides lots of TCs, Xps and S&W, I remember he had a particularly nice assortment of Dan Wesson Revolvers. Spent plenty of evenings together on chat with our friend Tigger.

Posts: 760 | Location: Central NH | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly he had a couple of very significant, historical wise, Eldarado and Seville wheel guns.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3023 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to pick up some of his guns, putting them to good use. thumbup

Posts: 761 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Semtex
posted Hide Post
Hello Joe,
I am glad that you are obtaining some of the guns he had. Also good to hear from you.
Hope all is well!

Dave

"Whoever controls the media, controls the mind." -- Jim Morrison

Posts: 1372 | Location: WV | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sad news. This is the first I'm hearing of his passing.

Jon

Posts: 1605 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OneGoodShot
posted Hide Post
Marilyn had been sick for some time. Even when we were shooting 10 yrs ago in ky her health had declined. I did get several of his sevilles, Dan wessons, xp-100’s, anshutz, and several rifles.
So nice to hear from many of you. The texts and phone calls were great.

I'm Ya Huckleberry

Posts: 2358 | Location: Wild Wonderful West Virginia | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Great joe! Be nice to see pics Wink

Id like to had some of those things……but id been lucky to afford the little plastic tote he used for a range box. laugh

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35isit
posted Hide Post
A silhouette friend from South Carolina wanted to buy a particular gun from Dean's estate. He asked me if I had Marilyn's contact info and could find out if she would sell said gun. I didn't have her information, so I reached out to someone who might have it. I was informed at that time of her passing. Marilyn's sister was tasked with settling her estate. Her neighbor was a member of the club that Dean belonged to in Crittenden Ky. She showed him everything that was there. He supposedly bought all deans ammo, reloading supplies and reloading tools. He advised her to sell all his guns through the high end auction house that Joe bought his guns from.

The particular gun is a BF Arms .22. It has a 14" barrel and was rebarreled by Ralph Bond.

I've tried looking for a catalog to see what was being sold when. I knew there was going to be several sales.

Greg
Life Member NRA
7/27/2010 80x80

Posts: 1164 | Location: CENTRAL KY | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OneGoodShot
posted Hide Post
That Ralph bond 22 sold for $750. I didn’t bid on it.
I’d like to get the gentleman’s information who got all the dies and brass. He may be able to help me out with some holes I have.

I'm Ya Huckleberry

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted Hide Post
I wish I had know about the auction! I would of loved to a least bid on some of Deans gun's

Posts: 3563 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35isit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Hunter:
I wish I had know about the auction! I would of loved to a least bid on some of Deans gun's

We all would have. I would have been interested in some of the supplies. During the current times I would have been interested in .22 ammo, bullets, primers and powder. He also had a few guns several of us silhouette shooters that are left may have been interested in.

Joe I sent you an email

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 35isit,

Greg
Life Member NRA
7/27/2010 80x80

Posts: 1164 | Location: CENTRAL KY | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post