Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Grovere
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzleloader only Encore? Login/Join 

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted
Seems like I remember TC making a muzzleloader only encore? What did they call it? How do I tell the difference between the regular Encore and the muzzleloader only?

Thanks, Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006

Posts: 3562 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do remember them but do not recall what they were called. Iirc, they were treated as a muzzleloader as the barrel was not removable and they are not compatible with a regular encore. Pricey, as I remember.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19626 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have done some more research, and they are called Encore FX. I found a youtube vid where they did remove the hinge pin but it took alot of force. In the comments, someone said they used a tapered hinge pin so it only went in and out one direction. Tapered and hard to remove hinge pin is how they made it muzzleloader only!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail 2006

Posts: 3562 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Encore FX had a fixed hinge pin

Posts: 1497 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: July 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post